R3E | Daytona International Speedway and 2019 Porsche 911 RSR Announced

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have dropped two excellent new content announcements for RaceRoom Racing Experience - the immense Daytona International Speedway and Porsche 911 RSR (2019) are both heading to the sim!

Perfect timing with the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona kicking into action this coming weekend, the legendary American sportscar circuit is one of the (imho) most underrepresented circuits in sim racing - and somewhere that should make an exceptional addition to RaceRoom Racing Experience and their large array of Prototype and GT racing cars within the sim.

As this is very much an early announcement, little is known about the new content at the time of writing - short of a preview image found at the foot of this article, and a proposed Q2 release date for the DLC.

As well the big Daytona reveal, Sector3 Studios have also confirmed the final Porsche model to be published from the recent Porsche themed DLC releases... Running in both GTE and GTLM at the classic endurance race, the 911 RSR (2019) should be a worthy new machine for players of RaceRoom Racing Experience to enjoy.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively on PC now.

Got something you need to know about the sim? Head to the RaceRoom sub forum here at RD, start a thread and let our awesome community help you out!

R3E - Daytona and Porsche 911 RSR 2019 Confirmed.jpg

Daytona is such a great addition. Much appreciated. The only bummer here is that it won't arrive this weekend for the real 24h race.

The RSR is very interesting because i have a feeling we haven't seen a perfect representation of this car in sim racing yet. I have driven this car in Project Cars 2 (bad sounds) Forza 7 (not authentic enough) GT Sport (feels and sounds like a GT3R) and Assetto Corsa. In the latter, the steering feels a bit off to me and hyper-sensitive. Not so sure about the sound in AC. The RSR is one of the wildest sounding race car out there, so it should sound ear-shattering in Raceroom. At least i hope so.

That being said, we need more GTE cars in Raceroom. The RSR only competing with other RSR cars feels a bit... dull? Still happy about this announcement.

Daytona - certainly a great addition.
The 911 RSR - I don't know. Also a great car but Sector3 isn't known for licensing Ferraris or Aston Martins, so the only other possible opponents could be Corvette and BMW from the other side of the pond - and the C8.R and the M8 GTE are cars that I really wouldn't beg for.

Neither Eurospeedway Lausitz nor Indianapolis have the oval version in R3R, probably Daytona doesn't have it either.

Although perhaps they surprise us and offer oval races from the launch of Daytona. The car already has it: Formula Raceroom US (an oval version would be possible).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%