R3E Dashboards and In-Game widgets

Stefan Mizzi submitted a new resource:

R3E Web Dashboards - R3E Web Dashboards

Hi :) I have developed a simple web dashboard for myself and thought of sharing it with you. Not sure if you'll find it useful as unless you have an extra monitor, tablet or mobile, this wont be of much use.

But anyways, this web dashboard can be access from any of your devices as long as it is on the same WIFI or you are using your external IP.

Requirements:
Windows and .NET 4..5

Install:
See attached file to this post

Log:...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks mate for reporting this. I'll check them out. To pin the widget, just hover to the top right corner and there you can save the location for next time.

pinit.PNG

....k, i managed to do a own dashboard as widget with your new .9.8. version.View attachment 110650

the widget-startup doesn't work (still), the game is opened, i launch the .exe and the listener starts, the widget gets loaded, but is invisible, with no data.

while editing i could not save a custom dashboard-widget, with an embedded "blue fuel-logo", your main programm says "widget could not be retreived". the same thing, if i change the size or color of the speed/gear widgets. otherwise leaving those stuff@default size/color, my edited dashboard-widget works (but only as manual loading).
The speedo widgets do not work at all, they have no data.

i created a dashboard-widget that i place@right sidebar, could this position be remembered?!!?

I have fixed a few issues and also added more logging. If you want, download this non-official next release and then send me the log file so that I can analyse for errors.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l5jhgsnbxp2adyk

PS: Speedo in-game do not work, you're right. I'm using chromium engine for those widgets and somehow they (tech used for speedo) do not seem compatible with it...

Thanks!

Last edited:
k, I'll give it a go.....if i install this, my dashboard-widget i created is gone?! what file should i backup incase something goes wrong.

...i backuped everything now, i've tried again to resize the speed-widget and now after i save my custom widget, the window in your main .exe is now grey, no text or buttons to open any widgets. restarting brings back my old saved widget.

where is the logfile located?!

Last edited:
k, I'll give it a go.....if i install this, my dashboard-widget i created is gone?! what file should i backup incase something goes wrong.

...i backuped everything now, i've tried again to resize the speed-widget and now after i save my custom widget, the window in your main .exe is now grey, no text or buttons to open any widgets. restarting brings back my old saved widget.

where is the logfile located?!

By installing it you wont loose anything as the data is saved somewhere else safe. Open the app, enable logging as shown below, then do whatever you need in the dashboard editor. When ready, click on the log button (as seen in circle), you will find the file in there and send to me pm or attach it here.

logfile.PNG

i tried to extend my widget, could it be that some widgets override existing ones or is there some kind of limit?! i tried to put DRS as widget but this removed my "speed"-widget and another i tried removed my speed-widget aswell (i can't remember anymore which one).

i tried to extend my widget, could it be that some widgets override existing ones or is there some kind of limit?! i tried to put DRS as widget but this removed my "speed"-widget and another i tried removed my speed-widget aswell (i can't remember anymore which one).

Hi mate, I did not understand what you mean, sorry :) There is no limit on how many and what you put. So not sure how they are affecting each other....

After several race-sessions using it, i had a few issues like...
...if i start first your tool and then r3e -> the widget stays in background, can't get it to be visible in r3e (except i close the widget again and restart it again). starting r3e and then your tool, i have to alt-del to open the taskmanager to be able to switch to windows to open your tool.
...if i minimize your widget, it would be good if the widget transforms into a small button which stays at top corner, so i don't have to go back to windows to maximize it again.
...a kill-all/close button missing, right now i have to close the widget, then stop the listener and then your tool.

If the game takes focus, there isn't anything I can do about it as I have no control on it. Like I said before, in-game widgets don't work well when it comes to placing them etc as game continuously takes focus.

Though to make it easier, if the game does not have focus, you can use these shortcuts or buttons as seen below. Not sure what you mean by "Close all" button is missing. You have latest version?

01. Press "Shift+Ctrl+Left Arrow" to Minimize all widgets
02. Press "Shift+Ctrl+Right Arrow" to Maximize all widgets
03. Press "Shift+Ctrl+Delete" to Close all widgets

minimize.PNG

Though to make it easier, if the game does not have focus, you can use these shortcuts or buttons as seen below. Not sure what you mean by "Close all" button is missing. You have latest version?

if the game doesn't have focus, the widget is in the background, like r3e=layer1, widget=layer2 and those shortcuts do not really matter anymore. the current solution i use and only works4me is to open r3e first and then alt-del->open taskmanager->windows desktop appears start your tool and then also these shortcuts are usable as they should.
Though the game is borderless in options, i can not switch back to windows without opening the taskmanager.

hmm, yep, if something like the msi-afterburner display (always visible, easy toggle/onoff) is not possible, it's more a crippled way to get this as default application running for r3e. too bad, the widgets customisation was great! :thumbsup:

Sector3 should really work on this kind of stuff, the default HUD is so boring and uninformative as :poop: :x3:

i found a way to avoid these focus issues, i activated the steam overlay for r3e and shift-tab to steamoverlay and from there i can use these shortcuts...no more ctrl+alt+del to open the taskmanager to open your tool.

but it would be still good, like mentioned before, if a minimize widget transforms the widget into a small button on top of the screen, so another click maximizes it again.

hello Stefan,
awesome app, only one problem for me. when I launch it on my tablet it does not start? I am new to PC world, and I am running mr b's crew chief in backround also, could this be causing it to not work? It says not connected make sure you have started ..... but when I check it on my PC it has data from a couple events I have completed? Also when I launch the the app disappears because I run in full screen. should I run in big picture or another way so the ap shows on screen WHILE I AM IN SESSION? Thanks for any and all help. and very cool ap.

Hi mate,

When you open the app on the tablet, did you make sure you entered the correct IP and Port found on the windows app? Was the tablet on the same wifi connection?

Like stated before, in-game widgets do not work when game is in full screen. It has to be "Windowed". In-game widgets are not encouraged as you loose some FPS.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%