R3E controller .rcs files

just a quick post , i will add to this as i can...

so if you have an .rcs file you wish to share add it to this thread .. can we try to make it a one stop shop and just a quick description and not to much chat so you don't have to dig through 20 long posts to find a file .So if you use one and you like it then like that post that its in and people can see what files are used most ( if there are profiler settings can you type them and not add a million pictures.... but you can create a topic and do all that jazz and link to it in your post here .... )

thanks gents

Andi

Here's actually the latest version of my R3E ControlSet.
Wheel: Fanatec Porsche GT3RS (v2) with Clubsport Pedals (v1) (with Driver v177 + Firmware 756)

My wheel settings are:
SEn:540 | FF:100 | Sho:000 | dri:OFF | AbS:OFF | Lin:000 | dEA:000 | SPr:0 | dPr:0

My virtual wheel is also set to 540° ingame and i'm driving with steering lock 24°.

Here are just the FFB parameters for those who want only Copy&Paste: ;)
Code:
FFB Device Name="none"
FFB Device Name Alternative="none"
FFB Rumble Pad="0" // Type of FFB controller:  0=wheel, joystick etc with force feedback, 1 = pad with rumble motor
FFB Effects Level="2" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.
FFB Gain="1.0" // Strength of Force Feedback effects.  Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.0" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.07" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="0.0" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force average weight="0.9" // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
FFB steer force exponent="1.0" // Steering force output "sensitivity".  Range 0.0 to infinity.  0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max="-11500.0" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max="0.9" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip weight="0.75" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9.  How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force grip factor="0.6" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.2 to 0.6.  How much of a factor the front wheel grip is on the steering weight.
FFB steer update thresh="1.000000e-004" // Amount of change required to update steer force/vibe (0.0 - 1.0). Lower values = steering force updated more frequently = lower frame rate.
FFB steer friction coefficient="0.1" // Coefficient to use for steering friction.  Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer friction saturation="1.0" // Saturation value to use for steering friction.  Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.1" // Coefficient to use for steering damper.  Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="1.0" // Saturation value to use for steering damper.  Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.0" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency.  Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.0" // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
FFB throttle vibe slope="0.0" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB throttle vibe update thresh="0.0" // Amount of change required to update throttle vibe (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB brake vibe freq mult="0.0" // Scales actual brake rotational frequency to force feedback vibration frequency.
FFB brake vibe zero magnitude="0.0" // Magnitude of brake vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB brake vibe slope="0.0" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB brake vibe zero magnitude).
FFB brake vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB brake vibe update thresh="0.0" // Amount of change required to update brake vibe (0.0 to 1.0)
FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.5" // How strong the rumble strip rumble is.  Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
FFB rumble strip freq mult="0.5" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type="3" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor="0.0" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
FFB rumble strip update thresh="0.0075" // Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB jolt magnitude="1.0" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are.  Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
I have taken some parameters from Mark and his T500RS set. So thanks for it.:thumbsup:

cheers
Ernie

Attachments

• Fanatec GT3RS sequential by Ernie.rcs
    19.1 KB · Views: 317
Using Logitech G25. Can anyone give me a clue as to what is going on in this game?

My problems are thus;
Profiler set at 900. Game set at 900. Wheel only actually turns 180 in game. As you may guess this is very annoying when a turn comes up.
Dead zone the size of Texas so i feel like i am playing Shift 2 again as the cars are floating all over the place.
I have followed many many instruction sets, but nothing seems to cure it. So if someone could explain in Idiot SpeakTM just what direction i need to go in that would be great cheers.
I have tried Spring at 100, 50, 0. Dampening at 100, 50, 0. Allowing game to adjust settings and not.... nothing seems to be working :O_o:

brian as i understand:

WITHIN THE GAME you can set how much lock to lock the front wheels have, it goes from 8 to 40

if you set 40 within the game and 400º in the profiler youre going with a 10:1 ratio in the direction

if 40 within the game and 800º within the profiler your ratio is 20:1

profesional drivers try to go with a ratio as high as the circuit allows for but personally id say that every corner needs an specific sensitivity

personally i go with ratios like 5:1 even less, i hardly turn the wheel

Thanks guys for the help. I think i have found out the problem..... Wheel rotation problem seems to be the degrees are out - so if my wheel is set at 540 in order for it to visually match up i have it at 340 in-game. Strange!
Other problem was the sensitivity setting..... seems that at 100% (what i normally have in all other sims) is 100 times the input - not giving me 1:1 steering as you would think!
Now have it set at 35 and it seems to have calmed things down considerably! :roflmao:

Seems like they need some tooltips in the settings as i have no clue :D

That's strange. I find that 360 degrees rotation works best for me in this game, but I set my Thrustmaster TX at 360 degrees in the control panel, then go in game and set it at 360 degrees and its 1:1 steering compared to the wheel on screen. I use 100% steering sensitivity but that doesn't seem to affect the ratio, just how quickly the wheel on screen reacts to my inputs, almost like a delay. I also use 26 degrees lock to lock.

I concur though that tooltips explaining what each setting does would be nice.

Hi all. Can U please help me to adjust Logitech DFGT?
My problem is that on slow speed corners like monza or suzuka chicanes, I have very sensitive steering wheel. I use 380 degrees in Logitech profiler settings and in game 22 steering lock, steering sensitivity in game 55%.All that I need, it more predictable smooth control from my steering wheel but without understeering effect.

Sounds like you have speed sensitive steering enabled.

Turn it off, by changing all 3 parameters to 0.
thanx, it helps me. also I setup steering wheel in profiler to 480 dergrees. Now it has more predictable control feeling, dut still not perfect so far)).But in this case,I think its simbins realization of not so realistic physics.

thanx, it helps me. also I setup steering wheel in profiler to 480 dergrees. Now it has more predictable control feeling, dut still not perfect so far)).But in this case,I think its simbins realization of not so realistic physics.

Have you tried 360 degrees rotation in your wheel control panel and in game set to 360 degrees? I really think this game works well at 360 degrees in all cars. I also set steering lock to 26 degrees.

Have you tried 360 degrees rotation in your wheel control panel and in game set to 360 degrees? I really think this game works well at 360 degrees in all cars. I also set steering lock to 26 degrees.
hmmm.... where in game option, I can setup 360 degrees? I dont know, wheres option in R3E menu((.
And what steering sensitivity would be sweetable for all the cars? I ride with 55%.

hmmm.... where in game option, I can setup 360 degrees? I dont know, wheres option in R3E menu((.
And what steering sensitivity would be sweetable for all the cars? I ride with 55%.
There is none, only virtual in the vehicle settings.

@Mark advices us to use 540°/26 for now and normal is 50% sensitivity.

Last edited:
There is none, only virtual in the vehicle settings.

@Mark advices us to use 540°/26 for now and normal is 50% sensitivity.

As you stated, 360 degrees for vehicle setting is in game which is what I stated. I understand that doesn't affect the wheel itself which is why I told him to adjust it in his control panel also.

I tried Mark's suggestion and I used his T500 control file and only had to modify it slightly for my TX but I still prefer 360 degrees. 540 feels a little slow for me but to each his own.

one more post about ffb on Logitech DFGT. I dont feel the car through my device. What the adjustements can I change to get feel the car. I need optimal setup for device settings and ingame sttings, because my steering wheel fttls like empty. For example in Assetto Corsa is the great ffb effect on my DFGT, but in R3E its just nightmare. Please help((

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.1%