R3E controller .rcs files

just a quick post , i will add to this as i can...

so if you have an .rcs file you wish to share add it to this thread .. can we try to make it a one stop shop and just a quick description and not to much chat so you don't have to dig through 20 long posts to find a file .So if you use one and you like it then like that post that its in and people can see what files are used most ( if there are profiler settings can you type them and not add a million pictures.... but you can create a topic and do all that jazz and link to it in your post here .... )

thanks gents

Andi

What I find amazing is that we are still having to swap FFB settings in this latest SIMBIN title.

You'd have thought they would've sorted the FFB now so it performs out of the box without tweaking. They've been doing it long enough. Also even more annoying for people who have no experience with this FFB engine is that they do not explain at all what the menu options actually do, let alone the other settings in the .rcs file.

I know myself but for someone just playing a SIMBIN game for the first time they would think......"why does the FFB suck so bad?". It doesn't. SIMBIN just don't set it right.

*sigh* Anyway after tweaking the FFB it is now very, very detailed and pleasing to me and I am actually really surprised at how good this sim feels.

Here's my settings for anyone interested..the important bits in bold...copy paste the lines or just the values into your .rcs file.

I use a G25 with a 300mm Sparco rim. Lower strength a bit for normal size wheel maybe

FFB steer force average weight="0.4"...............Lower values give a much smoother FFB feeling but can introduce latency and lowers overall force. No latency with this value but I believe this setting is FPS dependant.

FFB steer force exponent="0.95"................Tightens up the feeling around centre with lower values but removes detail in forces. Previously set to 0.75 in older SIMBIN games. For me I don't get a loose feeling in centre so I leave it high. Default was 0.99.

FFB steer force grip weight="0.25"...............25% of forces are grip........75% mass transfer.

FFB steer force grip factor="1.0"..................100% front wheels. No rearwheel grip info is sent to the wheel. You feel it through mass transfer.

FFB steer update thresh="0.0"...................If you have no FPS issues 0 is best.

FFB steer friction coefficient="-0.1"...................I always understood this should be a negative value and half of the FFB steer damper coefficient="0.2".

If you want to learn more about these settings please read Jul's FFB guide available here......

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=29484

Also I tried to add the damper settings in the control panel as suggested by someone but they add nothing to the FFB that isn't there already imo. This FFB works the same way basically as it has done in all previous SIMBIN sims and I have always had damper at 0%.

Thank you.
These improved the feeling of the FFB for me.
I think Simbin can do better though.

Just tried R3E for the first time in ages . . . steering still feels lazy and numb and I get tons of understeer, the car will not turn without a lot of steering rotation.

Can someone tell me where these .rcs files go in the game directory, maybe it will improve things on my end, otherwise this is getting un-installed :( Thanks

Just tried R3E for the first time in ages . . . steering still feels lazy and numb and I get tons of understeer, the car will not turn without a lot of steering rotation.

Eifions, right out of the box, the feeling at the wheel was not very good for me either, but if you are willing to invest a little effort you will be rewarded with a very decent feeling and proper wheel rotation.
Obviously we will all prefer to have it available just by selecting a menu for our respective hardware. A little like with console. But the ability to tweak allows to customize the setting to your own preference, unlike in consoles, at the cost of a little time and effort.
the rcs file is in C:\Users\Noob\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

Eifions, right out of the box, the feeling at the wheel was not very good for me either, but if you are willing to invest a little effort you will be rewarded with a very decent feeling and proper wheel rotation.
Obviously we will all prefer to have it available just by selecting a menu for our respective hardware. A little like with console. But the ability to tweak allows to customize the setting to your own preference, unlike in consoles, at the cost of a little time and effort.
the rcs file is in simraceway/userdata/controller.

When we are still discussing R3E the control set is here:
C:\Users\Noob\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

Thanks guys, I found the folder and tried a few rcs files, it definitely improves things, no more crazy understeer but I think it will take a lot of tweaking to get it to my liking. Do the rcs files apply to values set in Options>Control Settings?

Not happy with the default wheel profiles? Create your own controlset in R3E.
First delete these 2 files:

C:\Users\Mid-Age Men\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\device_statistics

C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\ControlSet\your wheel

Start R3E and do the same as I do in the video.

Last edited:
My new settings for the T500rs, they lean towards Game stock car.

Here you are trying to make R3E feel like Game Stock Car. When Simbin should have done this in the first place. FFB in this game is horrible, it feels all wrong and this is Simbin we are talking about. :speechless: It should feel good right out of the box for all wheels, then (if needed) make small tweaks to make it feel better for your yourself. I have fallowed and purchased everything from Simbin in the past. I am truly disappointed with this. Hello Reiza, Goodbye Simbin.

@Paul Nadon

Sorry to upset you, maybe my English is not that good. I thought ''lean towards'' is not the same as ''feels the same as''.
I only used some different forces that feel good for me.
If this is the new racing community by attacking private persons who wants to share something of his hobby, I'm out.

Last edited:
Here you are trying to make R3E feel like Game Stock Car. When Simbin should have done this in the first place. FFB in this game is horrible, it feels all wrong and this is Simbin we are talking about. :speechless: It should feel good right out of the box for all wheels, then (if needed) make small tweaks to make it feel better for your yourself. I have fallowed and purchased everything from Simbin in the past. I am truly disappointed with this. Hello Reiza, Goodbye Simbin.

whilst we can all appreciate that every body feels things and senses effects differently and the wheel you are using can feel different to another wheel,
Just saying it feels all wrong, does not help anybody, in the Feedback thread you can leave feedback on what you think is wrong with the ffb for your wheel.

All the guys in this thread are doing are trying to help others by posting what they have done with the wheel that they own. You can download the file try it and if you dont like it so be it. you can always post your setup. most drivers tinker with their wheels to get a feel to what they like.
the fact that you can alter the ffb effect in the sim is a step forward over previous tittles from simbin unless you count GTR2's extra controls or go into you plr file and change them manually. This sim is still in early development and things can change and have changed over the months.

my interpretation of ffb may be different to yours both are correct for each other but could be way of the mark for others,
So please all remember this, and as ive said you can always post in the
feedback section as to what you feel it is lacking or were it can be improved on for your wheel, "but it feels all wrong" does not give a clear enough description for any body to work on.:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 146 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 260 13.5%