R3E Community Q&A

Peter

who cares
http://insider.simbin.com/r3e-community-qa/

''When we hit the 10 million kilometer mark in RaceRoom Racing Experience last week, we told you that we would be answering your questions about SimBin and direction of R3E. We want to jump right in and we can’t think of a better way to begin than with a good old fashioned community Q&A session!
Write your questions in the comments section below. We’ll collect your questions for a couple of weeks, then compile your inquiries and deliver them to the individuals in the studio who can provide the best answers. Our team is busy so it may take a little time, but we’ll share their responses with you as soon as possible.''

Wow, i've just checked the date of the first announcement for the Community Q&A. It was April the 5th. :O_o:
Now almost 17 weeks later we still don't have any "A's" for our "Q's". What's so hard to say where the R3E-ship is sailing?
I would rather have a Q&A in plain text now, than a super-duper video later.

And just to point out ..... i'm not one of the ever-repeating "when multiplayer" crowd. It's done when it's done. I don't care to have a exact timeline, because postponements are nothing unusual in game development. As long as multiplayer ever comes.
But it's important to know, which features will R3E have at the end or are planned.

There are leagues out there, which have high hopes for organized GT league racing (BTW me too). The GT car classes in R3E are greatly balanced and would be perfect to have close league races.
But we (the community) still don't know, if R3E would ever capable to host league seasons. If league support isn't planned, then R3E is almost dead for leagues.
Sometimes it came into my mind that Simbin is intentionally holding back the facts to sell more licensed cars and tracks over the next months, just to finally announce that R3E was only meant as a "time attack/ghost racing"-simulation. :confused:

Please Simbin ...... share some useful informations about your "baby". Otherwise i guess many more will jump off the R3E-ship, before it has reached the promised land. You need to keep your employees onboard.

This is indeed pathetic. I have been following this thread for months now, and just signing up to this forum to post this.
The mere fact that we cannot even get simple answers to simple questions probably is a sign that this will end up as a time attack simulation thing. Or what?
I hate myself for having actually bought content of something not finished. I only blame it on myself for being so naive to believe that R3E was actually going to be a simulation worth investing some time (and money) into. Time Attack? Well, first you think it is a nice way to brush up skills by the time 'multiplayer' (or even single with AI) is made available...Well well and here we are months later, not even knowing what is the direction is for R3E? Few words. Not a video.

It feels like doing a doing payment on a car but it is just being delayed and delayed and delayed...
Please Kunos, release Assetto Corsa tomorrow so that maybe simbin will get out of their silence..Competition is good.
Because AC tomorrow without R3E with a clear game plan will kill R3E.

When is GTR3 out by the way? :whistling:

yeah, I really hope it won't be time-attack only.
If so, happy I didn't put money already into it

although, I can't think of any good reason why they would exclude multiplayer
that would be a simbinbrainfreeze of unknown proportion

I feel like an idiot as well. I've spent enough on this already to buy two full games. R3E doesn't even have single player yet. No one to blame but myself I suppose. I did the same with Microsoft Flight then it went down the pan. I have to learn to wait and see how these things go before I open my wallet. Hopefully lesson learnt this time.
although i myself am a little annoyed that we have not heard anything i believe the attacks in the past few posts are too much all simbin will learn from u attacking them is to not make open betas of there games meaning that 1 it is unlikely the games will be good as they will not get enough financial support and 2 u have to wait even longer before u get to play the game.
I advise u play something else for the time being and came back to r3e with an open mind in half a year or so.

Interesting concept. If simbin needs money to fund the development of their games they should just say so - they are platforms for those things...which by the way are a bit more open on communicating availability of product/software being developed...

If I owned a game company I would not want to ask for money plus there are many game companys that do not want to ask for money without giving something in return in simbins case it is cars that can be used later in the game.
another example is chucklefish, tiyuri the lead developer has said many times that they would not accept money without giving something in return.

"Sometimes it came into my mind that Simbin is intentionally holding back the facts to sell more licensed cars and tracks over the next months" I had the exact same feeling Ernie ..

Not sure that will work as many of us are putting a freeze on buying more content until we know what's happening. I certainly won't be buying anything until then. (Unless its a V8 Supercar heh heh)

Simbin should have waited till proper single and multiplay was ready before releasing this game to public.
Delaying promised Q&A which should give us answers for future of this game has made me even more cautious buying this product in future.
I own several Simbin products but lack of game modes, free to play but pay to drive buying, broken promises and lack of information has made me feeling bit negative towards this product.

Last edited:
Well, It took a whole lot longer then Marcus and myself anticipated. We are in a learning process as we are trying to enter a path that allows more information to flow out of the studio.

The first Q&A version, which was a written version was done very fast, but turned out not to be the way to go. We decided on video soon after and the first video was also produced quite fast after that.

The first versions of the video was just too long around 20 minutes, with answers that just never seemed to end. I mean Diego is a nice guy, but 20 minutes.......
We tried a few edit of that shoot, tried to cut it down and make it work, but soon realized we needed to reshoot the whole thing. And we did a few times......

In the end Marcus and myself (and everyone else that is included) have been through quite a few drafts, ideas and executions of those ideas. We set ourselves some targets with the video (total length, length of answers, flow etc etc) and it took a while for all pieces of that puzzle to come together.

We did a reshoot again a few days ago, and that version seems to be the one getting close to what we had in mind, and if I am not mistaken this will see the light of day during next week.

I know I don't need to ask, but when part 1 comes out, please let us (marcus and me) know what you think of the video it self. I don't mean comment on the answers, those are welcome to, but I mean feedback on the actual video.

Hope this helps out a bit until the video does come out! ;)

I had to read through the thread a little to see where i could chipin a little bit!

Sometimes I wonder, where some of you guys get your ideas from, it has been said quite a few times that the game will get SP and MP. So assuming the game will become a time attack only game...I cant follow the logic of some of you. but don't expect SP or MP to appear magically overnight, it just doesn't.

We have been in public since Early February, so that is for 6 months, in 6 months we have come a long way. But in development time 6 months is nothing.......Just know that things in this game will change, go back and forth and sometimes we will come up with a terrible idea that you don't like (brakemarkers anyone).

As long as you will provide us feedback, we take that feedback with us, and in the next iteration of that feature, when ever it is planned, we will try and improve things.

I saw a question in here about licenses, a (very) quick look behind the scenes of licenses. We have licensed enough cars to keep our artist busy for the next 1,5 year and then we haven't even started on the tracks yet!.....So no worries there is much more to come!

But the most important thing at the moment is to get the basics right, and those things just take time.

One more small P.S.
A simple question to you, could be a complicated answer for us!

Last edited:
I cant follow the logic of some of you. but don't expect SP or MP to appear magically overnight, it just doesn't.
Most of us don't think like that, i guess. Everybody who is thinking in a realistic manner knows that development needs time. Nobody wants a half-baked multiplayer mode, so take your time for making it right. :)
Otherwise we just want to know what we all could expect from multiplayer. I hope this long awaited Q&A will lighten things up for us. That's also the reason, why we all are a little bit "impatient" right now. :p

BTW ...... a Q&A video is a nice thing, but what is all the fuss about the many tries to record this video? It delayes everything. I would be happy if you bring this Q&A to us in a more simple way but more "just-in-time" ;)

Whilst i eagerly look forward to how the sim will progress over the next year or so.
Having a few answers never hurts to show us what direction you are heading, but as you have said things may change, ideas that looked good in the planning don't always work in production. ( brakemarkers ) that fact that you have taken this into consideration, say's to me you are listening to what the drivers of the sim want. and yes with our feedback things like this you would not of know about.
And things just don't happen overnight, weeks months can roll by without much news but that does not mean SimBin are not working hard in the background,

On a plus side you do have the sim out for the public to try they can purchase new content if they so wish cars and track with liveries, all be it in a limited capacity
Most of the new sims that are coming out have given us all a glimpse of what they have to offer.
We see all of them showing new content or talk of new deals being broke to get said car in the sim, but only a few have driven the cars yet.
To me this is all very exciting. But all i really look at, is what have i got right now what can i do with it. Simbin seem to have this bit secure, great cars and tracks to drive on
Im not going to moan about multiplayer, it will come when it does. Ive had a nice go with the content ive bought some of it ive not even tried yet. but i do like online more than single player. The time attack is a feature that is up and running and working fine by the look of the leaderboards.
So ive lots to try in between my GTL, ftrucks,rFactor2 fun there are only so many hours in the day.
if it takes a while then so be it..
Whilst we seem to all know better in how to run a company and what is needed in a sim
Simbin are actually doing it and producing content that can be used in the sim right now. Were not having to wait for the release of the sim in the first place
As usual ill check in on the sim from time to time to see how its going..
so far ive not been disappointed but at the same time just felt a bit deflated at times
when things don't work as i like.. but as you have said there is a long way to go and in 6 months it has come a long way already:)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back