R3E: Chang International Circuit Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
chang.jpg

Sector3 Studios have made available their digital recreation of Thailand’s newest racing circuit the Chang International Circuit aka Buriram United International Circuit for racing simulator RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Opening for business on the 4th October 2014, the FIA Grade 1 rated facility has hosted many national and international series, such as the Japanese Super GT, Asian Le Mans Series as well as the TCR International Series and for the first time this season a round of the FIA’s premier Touring Car competition, the FIA World Touring Car Championship.

The Chang International Circuit is the first creation by the Sector3 track team in conjunction with the recently announced partnership with Tilke GmbH and features the usual Sector3 attention to detail. Working in close contact with the folks over at Tilke ensures the circuit is as closely matched to its real life counterpart as practically possible. Available in 2 configurations this latest edition is the first time the track has appeared in digital form in any racing game.

chang 2.jpg

With many characteristics expected of a modern racing circuit, from long straights and tight hairpins and extensive tarmac runoff areas, the 12 turn 4.554km long circuit (in full configuration) can host up to 50,000 spectators and has many technical sections and corners where a number of different racing lines can be taken. Sure to offer some good racing and overtaking opportunities this reasonable simple to learn but difficult to master addition to the RaceRoom circuit collection should be a popular inclusion in the sim.

Available to purchase in game now for only 399vRP why not give the track a try yourself and head over to the R3E Racing Club here on RaceDepartment to compete against your fellow sim racers…

Let us know in the comments section below what you think of this newest addition to R3E!

Last edited by a moderator:
The full layout is a fun track to drive on, a pretty fast and flowing circuit ... had a few really good races with the Audi TT cars here so far. Not tried it with any of the other cars yet, but imagine them to be equally entertaining.

Nice 1 lap intro video feat. Tom Coronel on the R3E site ...

What's still to come? Open wheel formula car, Nordschleife and WTCC 2015?

To be serious, I never really knew about this track before it was announced for the game. I really enjoy it, one of very few Herman Tilke designed tracks I like. Just the right amount of straightaways and corners for me.

New toys are nice, but new playgrounds are better.

To be serious, I never really knew about this track before it was announced for the game. I really enjoy it, one of very few Herman Tilke designed tracks I like. Just the right amount of straightaways and corners for me.

New toys are nice, but new playgrounds are better.

It was featured in both the WTCC2015 and in the TCR series, in case you want to see a vid:

(TCR also has full races on their youtube, which is cool)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 327 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 218 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%