R3E: Chang International Circuit aka Buriram Announced

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
s3s.jpg

Sector 3 Studios, developers of the premium 'free to play' simulation RaceRoom Racing Experience today announced another exciting addition to the title with news of the development of new WTCC stomping ground the Chang International Circuit, a.k.a: Buriram in Thailand.

Recent addition to the WTCC schedule the Circuit opened its doors in 2014 and since then the FIA Grade 1 rated facility has hosted many national and international series, such as the Japanese Super GT, Asian Le Mans Series as well as the TCR International Series and the WTCC.

s3s2.jpg

The 4.5 km long track features a good mix of interesting corner combinations and a long straight providing a good overtaking opportunity.

Of special interest to fans of the sim, this will be the first track created by Sector 3 whilst working hand in hand with the track creators, Tilke GmbH, of recent Formula One track fame (don't let that put you off...)

"Working on this track was a special experience for us, as we have produced it in direct collaboration with Tilke GmbH, the world's leading designer for racetracks. We progressed hand in hand with their engineers in order to deliver the most accurate representation of a track that wasn't even fully completed when we started working on it. We provided them with regular playable builds, done at each stage of the track production. We identified the best workflow and requirements for future projects in the meantime. The purpose of this collaboration is long-term and we will be offering Tilke GmbH early hands-on experiences of their designs, before they even go into construction phase, allowing them to refine the flow of a track as early as possible."​

RaceRoom will be the first racing simulator to feature this track in its collection and if the superb quality of previous releases are anything to go by, its sure to be a corker!

Another big hit for the sim that seemingly keeps getting better and better each and every build.

Last edited by a moderator:
i will....do you get a lot of participants ??? last time i joined you there was only 5...i'm loving gsce right now TBH
The grids have been building, obviously it depends on what nights, car and track combos. I've had GSCE since the 2012 version and loved it unfortunately due to my limited driving time I really haven't played it much lately, my beta version lies lonely and forgotten in a corner of my Steam library.:(

It's each to their own, I agree that it's almost mandatory for each game to have Nordschleife in it but as @Andrew Harper said isn't a great track for racing unless you have a large grid of evenly matched racers. As to oval racing, yes I find it a bit boring to watch but being in amongst 20 to 30 cars all travelling at nearly 200 mph is a pretty serious racing, and scary even in a game.:thumbsup:
I was only partially sarcastic while calling oval races that :) There is, however, one thing that bothers me about racing... And ovals plus drag racing don't really help it. The thing is, in pure racing cars feel redundant. Like, it doesn't really matter whether it's cars, bicycles or one's own two legs. In fact, it could be a card game for all I know. The objective is simply to beat the others...
You could argue that car handling skills decide the outcome in this kind of racing, but if racers pick ovals over proper circuits over roads over mountain roads over special stages, that kind of contradicts the intended message, sadly.

As for really scary activity involving cars, I'd pick rallying any time of the day :)

I was only partially sarcastic while calling oval races that :) There is, however, one thing that bothers me about racing... And ovals plus drag racing don't really help it. The thing is, in pure racing cars feel redundant. Like, it doesn't really matter whether it's cars, bicycles or one's own two legs. In fact, it could be a card game for all I know. The objective is simply to beat the others...
You could argue that car handling skills decide the outcome in this kind of racing, but if racers pick ovals over proper circuits over roads over mountain roads over special stages, that kind of contradicts the intended message, sadly.

As for really scary activity involving cars, I'd pick rallying any time of the day :)
On you first point, that's true of most sports, but certainly can't argue about rallying, especially thinking back to the Group B cars although I think nowadays there are more serious accidents in ovals than in rallies. What about Baja or the Dakar they must be pretty hair raising to compete in.

Always happy to see new tracks, especially something entirely new.
But as always, to each their own.
Personally, I never got the fascination with Nordschleife, but....

Still waiting for the open-wheelers, but that's about the only thing I'm really excited for in the near future. Well, maybe the Audi TTs as well.

Oh, and....
For those who don't know, the motor-racing scene in the Far East is HUGE.
Just because it isn't on Fox Sports doesn't mean it doesn't have followers. ;)

On you first point, that's true of most sports, but certainly can't argue about rallying, especially thinking back to the Group B cars although I think nowadays there are more serious accidents in ovals than in rallies. What about Baja or the Dakar they must be pretty hair raising to compete in.
Well, certainly it is true of most sports. But at least when I'm driving at Nordschleife or tackling some complex special stage, my head is free of thoughts in the line of "need to catch up to that guy!" I'm completely engulfed in the process of driving itself. Because driving is fun. Cars are fun. Racing? It's more about beating other people... The same old game of rankings. It's more about evolution forgetting to stop rather than about enjoying the excitement of being a whole with the car.

Not sure about more serious accidents in ovals, since no trees grow alongside the track's edges, nor there are cliffs. Yet the speeds are mind boggling, so go figure... Anyway, the oval fear factor is mostly about the folks around you making mistakes, whereas in rallying it's almost always up to you to make that mistake. The former is being about an uncomfortable, uneasy kind of fear, whereas the latter is all about enjoyment. A roller-coaster type of fun :)
Baja and Dakar are essentially flavours of rallying. Dakar caters mostly to especially masochistic kinds of people :) I don't have what it takes to do Dakar... Therefore, it's "classic" rallying for me. On the other hand, it would be nice to bring back Group B as well :)

Being an American born in the Far East, I have never understood the appeal of the Nordschleife either.

I started with F-1 2011 so it would be interesting if R3E implements open wheelers and a few specialized tracks (Ovals). How about playing the tri-oval version of Lausitz?

But what I am waiting for........OH SIM GODS :)rolleyes:) LET THE R3E AUDI TT CUP be bug free.

It seems that some are just after what they want, not what is good for all. COTA is a good track yes, but i personally could easily pick 15 other tracks that i would want before it. Each to their own is something you have to remember. You may not be a fan, but there would definitely be people who would be sore to see COTA in.

I'd agree. I'm not a "specific" track whore :geek:
But yes, there are other tracks that I would rather see instead of COTA.
And although I own all the tracks, I probably haven't even driven 1/2 of them so there is plenty of time for new tracks :D

The grids have been building, obviously it depends on what nights, car and track combos. I've had GSCE since the 2012 version and loved it unfortunately due to my limited driving time I really haven't played it much lately, my beta version lies lonely and forgotten in a corner of my Steam library.:(

You should try it again. I'm loving it offline right now. The ai is very good. Online I've had some cracking races with the guys here. But yes I will join you online when I can. I think this game has so much potential but the ai kills it for me offline

I'd agree. I'm not a "specific" track whore :geek:
But yes, there are other tracks that I would rather see instead of COTA.
And although I own all the tracks, I probably haven't even driven 1/2 of them so there is plenty of time for new tracks :D
You might not realize that, but people could love a "specific" track solely because it's one of a kind. Were we spoiled for choice, and Nordschleife could become just "a track". But we aren't. That makes it The track. Just like in R3E when you need a challenging hillclimb course. There is only one of these.

Great news imo, taking it even one step further in blurring the lines between real and virtual racing!
As far as nords goes I'm as big a fan as anyone, really love that track! But without a grid of 60+ cars there's really no racing to be found there, R3E doesn't support such large grids yet so it'll only be good for hotlapping right now, and I can do hotlapping in other Sims while waiting.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back