R3E: Chang International Circuit aka Buriram Announced

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
s3s.jpg

Sector 3 Studios, developers of the premium 'free to play' simulation RaceRoom Racing Experience today announced another exciting addition to the title with news of the development of new WTCC stomping ground the Chang International Circuit, a.k.a: Buriram in Thailand.

Recent addition to the WTCC schedule the Circuit opened its doors in 2014 and since then the FIA Grade 1 rated facility has hosted many national and international series, such as the Japanese Super GT, Asian Le Mans Series as well as the TCR International Series and the WTCC.

s3s2.jpg

The 4.5 km long track features a good mix of interesting corner combinations and a long straight providing a good overtaking opportunity.

Of special interest to fans of the sim, this will be the first track created by Sector 3 whilst working hand in hand with the track creators, Tilke GmbH, of recent Formula One track fame (don't let that put you off...)

"Working on this track was a special experience for us, as we have produced it in direct collaboration with Tilke GmbH, the world's leading designer for racetracks. We progressed hand in hand with their engineers in order to deliver the most accurate representation of a track that wasn't even fully completed when we started working on it. We provided them with regular playable builds, done at each stage of the track production. We identified the best workflow and requirements for future projects in the meantime. The purpose of this collaboration is long-term and we will be offering Tilke GmbH early hands-on experiences of their designs, before they even go into construction phase, allowing them to refine the flow of a track as early as possible."​

RaceRoom will be the first racing simulator to feature this track in its collection and if the superb quality of previous releases are anything to go by, its sure to be a corker!

Another big hit for the sim that seemingly keeps getting better and better each and every build.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the fact we know it's coming shouldn't detract from the significance of this news. R3E could be getting tracks in game before any other, plus it is an acknowledgment of their quality. As to @Azfalt Raser point, the far east is embracing motorsport in a big way.
It would be nice if we could just be happy that the devs of a game we like have had some good newsafter the bad times they had.:thumbsup:

Because Thailand is such a beacon of motorsports.

As any Reiza Studios fan will tell you, far away places often hold surprisingly good racetracks :D.
I like this addition. We know the Nordschleife is on it's way already, and this adittion brings R3E closer and closer to be able to do a full WTCC Experience pack, which appears to be one of their goals considering the tracks they are working on.

Because Thailand is such a beacon of motorsports.

And apparently AI-RAM is such a popular track in Thailand that we figure it's better than COTA in the United States (or tracks we really want).

It seems that some are just after what they want, not what is good for all. COTA is a good track yes, but i personally could easily pick 15 other tracks that i would want before it. Each to their own is something you have to remember. You may not be a fan, but there would definitely be people who would be sore to see COTA in.

Good news....when is the Release?
Whe looking more forward to see the Nordschleife in the game.....
And another famous classic track is missing in the game : "Imola" :cautious:
A great track to drive
We are all looking forward to Nordschleife in game and as has been said we know it's coming but this news is about a new and unique project for Sector 3 Studios. As @MoerasGrizzly says a full WTCC would be great for R3E fans.

Though I agree that sometimes less than well-known tracks can be surprisingly entertaining, a racing sim without Nordschleife in it simply makes little sense at all. James May may have a different opinion on this though, but I digress :)
If S3S would allocate all of their track building resources for the purpose, we'd have it way sooner. There is also the possibility of them already having a set date for its release. And as Mr. Kenny already speculated, most likely it's this Christmas we are welcoming The Ring.

Hmmm…on the one hand it’s nice to see unknown tracks getting added to the game, however I just watched an onboard video and…yes…it’s yet another Tilke-parkingspace with some curves. Not really exciting I have to say. Chang is on the WTCC schedule, so it makes sense to add this track, but I guess I’ll pass this one.

Hmmm…on the one hand it’s nice to see unknown tracks getting added to the game, however I just watched an onboard video and…yes…it’s yet another Tilke-parkingspace with some curves. Not really exciting I have to say. Chang is on the WTCC schedule, so it makes sense to add this track, but I guess I’ll pass this one.
Just checked it on YouTube out of curiosity. That "Tilke-parkingspace" is spot on. One of the most uninspiring tracks I've even seen.

Nice to have a track that's different to all the other Sims on the market. Like GSCE the South American tracks were unknown to me beforehand but I certainly enjoy "driving" on them.

Like someone mentioned it's been added to be part of the WTCC season so from a realism point of view it's a nice addition :thumbsup:

I'm not to bothered about the Nords being added, if they do fine but it's not a track I really enjoy racing on. The few races I've done on here tended to consist of people crashing into one another and then spending most of the race on my own due to field spread! :laugh:

It's great to see the actual track designers working with the game production company though, something that benefits all the virtual racers on here. :)

Nice to have a track that's different to all the other Sims on the market. Like GSCE the South American tracks were unknown to me beforehand but I certainly enjoy "driving" on them.

Like someone mentioned it's been added to be part of the WTCC season so from a realism point of view it's a nice addition :thumbsup:

I'm not to bothered about the Nords being added, if they do fine but it's not a track I really enjoy racing on. The few races I've done on here tended to consist of people crashing into one another and then spending most of the race on my own due to field spread! :laugh:

It's great to see the actual track designers working with the game production company though, something that benefits all the virtual racers on here. :)
You could as well go oval... That's an epitome of racing :D
Seriously, not being excited about Nordschleife? How's that even possible? :)

You could as well go oval... That's an epitome of racing :D
Seriously, not being excited about Nordschleife? How's that even possible? :)
It's each to their own, I agree that it's almost mandatory for each game to have Nordschleife in it but as @Andrew Harper said isn't a great track for racing unless you have a large grid of evenly matched racers. As to oval racing, yes I find it a bit boring to watch but being in amongst 20 to 30 cars all travelling at nearly 200 mph is a pretty serious racing, and scary even in a game.:thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 140 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 104 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.9%