R3E Championship poll.

Lars Hansen

Buggered if I know.....
So, Kenny and myself have been knocking a few ideas around re. the championship, and this is what we came up with.

Basic idea is the same, it'll be a six-race championship with one race a week.
For each race, the most popular gets cut (in case of ties, the car that finishes ahead gets cut), until we end up with a single-make finale.

Tracks will be determined by vote. Each sign-up gets to vote for 6 tracks from a supplied list.
Each sign-up can give 6 pts to a track, then 5 pts to another, 4, 3, 2, and 1.
The tracks with the most points will then be raced in reverse order of popularity.
E.g. the most popular track gets raced last, and so on down the order of popularity.
The idea is two-fold. First, to keep the interest going.
If the most popular track is last, the odds are better that people will be racing the others as well in order to stay competitive.
Second, the whole idea is to push people a little out of their comfort-zones. And since the most popular cars will be cut first, it should ensure that nobody gets their favourite car on their favourite track.

There will be no cut-off points. People can race in whatever races they fancy, the more the merrier.
Obviously, if you want to win the championship, it's in your interest to participate in all 6 races, but nobody will get cut if they miss a race. They just won't score any points in that particular one.
The only cut-off point will be on the track-selection. There will be a final date and after that you're welcome to race, but you won't have any influence on which tracks we race.

The only thing to be decided is which days to race.
We'll start the championship in the first three weeks of December, have a mid-season break for the holidays, and then finish in the last three weeks of January.
There are three realistic possibilities, Wednesdays or Saturdays, which would leave the club-races as is. The final option (and my preferred one) is to use the Sunday Club races for the championship as well.
Bear in mind that it wouldn't change anything except the track-selection. People without interest in the championship can still race it as a club-race, while the others race for points.

Unfortunately, I can only ask one question in the poll and I don't want to clutter up yet another thread.....
So, if the people interested would kindly both use the poll, and then post their preferred race-day, that would be highly appreciated. :)
Assuming we get enough of an interest, the track-voting will be in the final week of November, giving me and Kenny time to set up the race-schedule.

Cheers,
Lars

Okay, so it looks like the ADAC '14s have it by a hair.
So....
There will be an 'official' sign-up post posted Sunday 22/11, with track-voting, race details, points-system and all that other stuff.
Sign-ups will stay open until 29/11* and the first three races will be on Dec 6th, Dec 13th and Dec 20th.
After a break for the holidays, the last three races will be on Jan 10th, Jan 17th and Jan 24th.

*You are more than welcome to compete in the championship even if you don't make the deadline.
But Nov. 29th is where the track-voting will be final.

Last edited:
I voted for GTR3. If Adac '14 we should stay on the real seaons tracks with mand. pitstops and around 30m race length.

Another cool way would be an endurance like GTR3 season with maybe around 45-60m duration.
Additionally we could maybe choose for example 5 events on "worldwide" tracks. e.g. Bathurst, Spa, Paul Ricard, Mid-Ohio and Shanghai.

As mentioned only my opinion.

Last edited:
Okay, so it looks like the ADAC '14s have it by a hair.
So....
There will be an 'official' sign-up post posted Sunday 22/11, with track-voting, race details, points-system and all that other stuff.
Sign-ups will stay open until 29/11* and the first three races will be on Dec 6th, Dec 13th and Dec 20th.
After a break for the holidays, the last three races will be on Jan 10th, Jan 17th and Jan 24th.

*You are more than welcome to compete in the championship even if you don't make the deadline.
But Nov. 29th is where the track-voting will be final.
Look again Lars:confused:

That was then - this is now... :devilish:

Look again Lars:confused:

Oh, you utter black-hearted cretins.......
You just had to make me look like a nonce, didn't ya? :p

Fine, GTR3s it is.
(And as soon as I've said that, there'll be a stampede of people wanting to race Minis. :D )
But the sudden addition of a handful of new GTR3s does bring up one question.
The whole point of cutting a car every race was to have a single make finale.....
So do we extend the championship to 10 races, or do we cut 4 cars from the beginning?

Last edited:
Oh, you utter black-hearted cretins.......
You just had to make me look like a nonce, didn't ya? :p

Fine, GTR3s it is.
(And as soon as I've said that, there'll be a stampede of people wanting to race Minis. :D )
But the sudden addition of a handful of new GTR3s does bring up one question.
The whole point of cutting a car every race was to have a single make finale.....
So do we extend the championship to 10 races, or do we cut 4 cars from the beginning?
Why not do the same as the tracks and have a vote and pick the 6 most popular. Or just include the GT3 cars that were the out when you started. I'm pretty sure the guys won't be too fussed.

Last edited:
TE="4 8 15 16 23 42 108, post: 2132503, member: 603"]While I think most owners of ADAC will have most of the cars, this may be a problem with GTR 3. I for example only own three or four of them. But I won't drive on Sundays, so just a hint.[/QUOTE]
I know what you mean Andreas, I bought the Ruf yesterday so I have 5 or 6 but I have no interest in the Ford or Alpina. However there is nothing stopping you racing on a Sunday, the whole point of structuring thing the way Lars has is to make sure that it doesn't interfere with club races.

Whatever just looking forward to taking part racing with you guys is just great fun.... But I like the idea of more cars more races the more the merrier as far as i am concerned but i understand that might not be every ones cup of tea....:whistling:

Why not do the same as the tracks and have a vote and pick the 6 most popular. Or just include the GT3 cars that were the out when you started. I'm pretty sure the guys won't be too fussed.
Not a bad idea.
Resolution has hereby passed. :D
Just need to change the sign-up post, but no biggie.

Whatever just looking forward to taking part racing with you guys is just great fun.... But I like the idea of more cars more races the more the merrier as far as i am concerned but i understand that might not be every ones cup of tea....:whistling:
Same here.
But the way I see it, this semi-championship is more like a test-balloon.
Find out what works and what doesn't, and if there's interest we can move on from there.

Yes, no problem. It's more people will either not attend in weeks 4-6 or will have to buy the cars required then. Which may lead to opting out of the race.
It's admittedly a possibility.
Then again, some people might opt out if they didn't have ADAC'14 as well.
We have to limit it somehow, otherwise we'll be racing prototypes against WTCC cars. :D
Besides, if you already have the ADAC'14, all you need to by for the GTR3s are new liveries (The Alpina being the odd one out). Which is around 0.75 Euros.
I fully realize that not everybody have the same available income, but we're talking a quid a week here.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back