R3E: Bentley GT3 and Formula RR Junior First Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Bentley Continental GT3 2.jpg

Swedish Development team Sector3 Studios have released teaser images of 2 pieces of new content heading to their premium 'Free to Play' racing simulator RaceRoom Racing Experience in the form of an entry level open wheel car called Formula RR Junior and GT3 giant the Bentley Continental GT3.

Complementing the high end GP2 esque Formula RaceRoom 2 released recently, the Formula RR Junior looks to represent the popular entry level Formula Ford championship, a car known to provide close racing and helping launch many professional drivers into the world of motorsport.

Powered by a 1.8 litre 145bhp race tuned engine in the back of a super lightweight 545kg chassis (including driver), the Formula RR Junior should be a nimble (if not slightly slower) option for drivers of the sim and is sure to be a popular online option on release.

RaceRoom Formula RR Junior 5.png

On the complete opposite end of the spectrum features the monstrous V8 beast that forms the GT3 specification Bentley Continental, a gigantic (comparatively) machine that made its GT racing bow in the Gulf 12 Hours of Abu Dhabi in December 2013 and has been adopted by many other GT racing series across the globe.

The RaceRoom version of the car will be from the 2015 running of the German ADAC GT Masters series, marking the first Bentley to grace Sector3's racing sim.

The Continental should be available either as part of the ADAC 2015 Experience park and possibly also include a GTR3 class version, however that has not yet been confirmed by the studio.

RaceRoom Bentley Continental GT3.jpg

Details on release dates and prices have yet to be revealed, stay tuned to RaceDepartment to find out more in the coming weeks.

Also don’t forget to have a look at our RaceRoom Racing Experience Race Club right here on RaceDepartment to be a part of our friendly online racing community.

Looking forward to the new content updates for the game? How are you finding the open wheel cars recently added to R3E? Will you be purchasing ADAC '15 (including the Bentley) on release? Let us know in the comments section below!

RaceRoom Formula RR Junior 6.png RaceRoom Formula RR Junior 2.jpg RaceRoom Formula RR Junior 3.jpg RaceRoom Formula RR Junior 5.png RaceRoom Formula RR Junior 6.png RaceRoom Bentley Continental GT3.jpg RaceRoom Formula RR Junior.jpg

Last edited:
While I like Raceroom alot :inlove:, they do need to start pushing out more features for this Sim.
All I see lately is "content, content, content", but we should be seeing "features, features, features" :whistling:
And yes, I will be buying Nords & that new Bentley when released :p
-In march we will get more ffb options and a few ffb and related physics tweaks. we know also that a ui overhaul, setups saving and other related things will come although march release is only speculated.

-the team are working hard to crush two very big bugs that that seem quite common but no one in the office can replicate even with log files. (location and internet connection stability seem to be a major factor aka Americans and Australians are most affected).

-a host of ai changes are coming at some point.

-fields of more than 24 cars are on the way but still quite far off as s3s want to make sure they optimise them as much as possible.

The term "Free To Play" is somewhat misleading IMO, it implies the game is free, we all know only the introductory content is free, about 5% of the total content available at present, any additional cars & tracks will require the opening of you're wallet.

I understand their a smallish dev, but when you compare the release ratio of features to content, there's little contest, content wins hands down, this news just adds to that fact. No wonder peeps are getting fed up with RRE, they just seem so content (Money) orientated, fix the games issues FFS.

I understand their a smallish dev, but when you compare the release ratio of features to content, there's little contest, content wins hands down, this news just adds to that fact. No wonder peeps are getting fed up with RRE, they just seem so content (Money) orientated, fix the games issues FFS.

They are a small dev and it's easy to hide behind that tag, not that I believe Sector3 is doing so overtly. They are short of coders required to push the core game forward (obviously they have enough guys in content production) which is a shame but as a consumer it's not my problem.

R3E has a stellar line-up of content without a doubt, but there are other, more feature-complete options out there. I've moved on from R3E for the time being until such point that it has the depth it needs to be considered a sim worthy of the Simbin games of old. If it ever gets there.

No you are all wrong! :cool: give me my Bentley god nam it. Then they are free to not release anymore content and fix all the broken shet, and I will be a happy man, just don't take that Bentley away from me! Hahaha

In all honesty I hate to admit because I've been a strong supporter, but there are some issues and I hope they can resolve them, but just give me the Bentley first :)

The Junior should be fun, the Bentley I'll probably buy just to see if it has a fancy sound, as if powered by aged whiskey and trust funds.
And even better you don't even have to buy it, to check the fancy sound, since R3E graciously offer free trial of any car in the game. A very nice feature that would be great to have in the other SIM as well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back