• Thread starter Deleted member 243506
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 243506

• Deleted member 243506

Neil Shaw submitted a new resource:

R.T.B Burke Lakefront Airport , Cleveland - made with R.T.B and 3DsimEd

R.T.B version of Classic 90,s Champcar track Burke Lakefront Airport
also used 3Dsimed to play around with sum textures.
Its Bumpy , wide , break while turning track.
did have a go at converting the old rfactor version but kept getting weird result so had a go from scratch
35 pitboxes. AI not to bad
if u have a full grid, the 6 or 8 at the back dont get away very well , presume this is a assetto corsa thing an not a R.T.B issue

Read more about this resource...

nice work so far couple of things I have noticed 1.some curbs look really strange 2.no wrong way sign 3.no track map 4. the Bridgestone adverts last corner to the straight are flickering a lot

Can't get this to load except in Race modes. Have tested Quick Race and Race Weekend, no problem loading. Loading in Practice or Time Attack modes does not work for me. Same thing happens as
André 57 indicated. So will use Race modes until fixed. This is my home track, great to see it in AC

• Deleted member 243506

Neil Shaw updated R.T.B Burke Lakefront Airport , Cleveland with a new update entry:

Textures and BLM night lighting

Started out just adding a few flood lights to go night racing, ended up changing quite alot
removed corner curbs . looked at sum old races an they never had apex curbs
swapped physical painted line to road textures. reduced the overall polygons
swapped skyline to physical buildings. certainly easier to just hav a picture.proberly go back to it as real building chew up megabytes
Night Lighting : generally i have the lights a bit brighter than normal cos i use a pimax4K to race with. the HMD...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Where exactly should the 'extensions' folder be moved?
I searched and found one other extensions folder in LA Canyons track, but don't have such a folder at the assettocorsa root. Does it enable some extension to AC? Thanks.

Just wanted to comment ( I haven' t tried this new version yet): some textures - darker patches on concrete are green, and some ads on the walls as well, shouldn't they be just gray?
Also most important - in qualifying 1 car can be on the pole with, say, 52 secs time when others are OK - 1:02, 1:03, etc... seems like some timing is broken somewhere...
But feeling is - that's Cleveland, tracks has some real feel! So thanks for this great track! Also (but it is not important) I saw some tracks (as Belle Isle) and in 3DSimEd even quite distant buildings are 3D (simple but 3D), maybe Cleveland's skyline's some buildings also can be made this way?

Oops, looks like a new version has corrected most of the things :)
About skyline - maybe some middle way is the best? Not just flat plane, bet some low poly 3D buildings? Probably easier to say, than to make. But anyway - new track looks much better.

• Deleted member 243506

My god, the background music in your Supra SGT video is absolutely obnoxious. Had to mute it.
No idea why anyone ever thinks this is a good idea.
*shrugs*.

Track looks like fun.

This is great. I grew up watching many races there. Is there an easy way to have the cars start on the track, or in the pits, rather than the middle of the grass?

I have zero clue how to modify a track, not sure how easy that would be. Any help would be great! Thanks

3DSimED is necessary, because starting and pitting spots are 3D objects. It is Not very difficult, but requires some knowledge.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back