AC R.S.01 @ Tor Poznań - Mon 22 July 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Oh dear! I thought this was going to happen on wednesday! Stupid me. :confused::sleep::redface::unsure::poop:

Hope my setup was ok...(?)
It was great thanks Reik, I used the 'kind' setup but with 3 wing (2 was quicker but played safe for the race) and adjusted for full fuel load (as @Raresch mentions). Before the adjustment I could lap in the high 25's but didn't have long enough to try and kill the bit of the understeer my changes made.

Thanks again!:thumbsup:

It was a great experience lads, thanks for that!
I only made one stupid mistake I guess and overshot the corner to the left, taking a car with me, sorry for that mate !!
I wonder how it's possible that I'm driving at least 8 seconds a round slower than most drivers. How do I improve that ? I feel like I'm pushing it already?
Hi, What David Lopez seems legit. Most of the time you just have to learn the track and feel comfortable with the car, braking points, etc. If you don't know them, you could search for a youtube video on that track, or, you could change your view (while in pit stops) to the fast drivers (by pressing their names) and see how they take corners and how they brake. You will not match them, but surely they will help. You can also watch the replay of this race, jump in the car of a fast driver and see there.
Also, you cand find basic tutorials on youtube, or on RD forums or just ask. Also, sometimes the setup helps, and if there is one available you can start by using that (some of the guys will post their setup here - not always good for your driving). I am not the fastest so others might give you better advice.

P.S. all I can say: if you have an office chair (with rollers) change it with something fixed. A wooden chair is enough. That will give you 3-4 seconds on the spot :)) Been there, done that :))

Last edited:
ep. that was me :mad:... I don't get it ... I watched the replay ... you completely forgot to brake or something ... It's OK now, that's racin

I was overtaken by you two guys and thought I'd try to keep up, maintain a lot of speed and late braking.... too late. There was no escape left, car went straight ahead. Lesson learned, won't happen again

I was overtaken by you two guys and thought I'd try to keep up, maintain a lot of speed and late braking.... too late. There was no escape left, car went straight ahead. Lesson learned, won't happen again
that was more like dive-bombing that late-braking :)) I already braked half the distance and you barely touched them. Maybe the rush to keep up was overwhelming and I get that, because 5-6 months ago when I started I was last as well. just try to practice more and see what other advice you have on the forum. I think there are some good threads explaining how to practice and how to get faster.

Followed you for a while Raresch, you had good pace, i was running with rear wing at 0, i was basically
making time on you in all the straights.:)

thanks for a great event @Craig Dunkley it was certainly difficult to overtake with these cars.
0 aero ? :OO I looks like I had 4 ... I used the setup that was posted and changed TC and power and cost Diff to get rid of the back oversteer. I saw you were flying like the wind :) thought I might keep you back for a while but then I went off and the way you were :))

and thanks for this:
Followed you for a while Raresch, you had good pace
. Somehow, I think I have improved a little bit. I still can't keep the race pace for the whole duration, so I have to work on that also.

P.S. wanted to go back to the track, load the practice server ... and my view is all over the place ... I can't adjust seat position and pitch. Only FOV works. I can change the numbers (like the one for pitch) but the view doesn't change ... I tried offline with an other car and I had the same result. Did someone had the same issue?

EDIT: nevermind, I think I had the wrong camera selected on from the replay. ups :))

Last edited:
Wow I forgot how fun and challenging this track is! I went with a risky wing of 2, and dropped my front tires to to 22 and rear to 21... Had the oversteer exiting corners but I some how managed to feather the throttle without spinning out for 45 minutes. Damn that wasn't easy but I was quick on the straights but l suppose I lost time through entry and mid corners though... I left the diff and the coast stock cause the changes i made to those in practice, made my lap times slower... But if I had found a good setting with diff and coast maybe that would have improved oversteer??

Qualified P9, ened up in third safely within the first couple of laps... But of course me and my driving don't belong on the podium (yet lol) and after a few laps the faster guys caught up to me and passed without issue...
I defended P5 till the end.

I had such great chase @SOLO59. Nice driving mate,:thumbsup:, I think I would have passed you by the end, even thou you were so fast on the straights. Even with slipstream I barely could keep up. Maybe it was the aero ...
Yea that was a nice chase we had... You were faster in the corners but yea I held my own on the straights. Amazing how that worked out as these cars share the same specs.
So I was expecting you to pass... We came up behind a lap car on the front straights towards T1... I didn't want to lose any time ahead of you so I took the brave outside line on T1 to pass the lap car, but I think that's where you suffered your incident... Sorry bout that bro... But if it wasn't for that, P5 would have been yours....
I believe we had contact at one point... I kind of felt it was my fault as I possibly closed you in? But you lifted, and i lifted both wanting to give up our position... I went ahead because you lifted and didn't go until I did. Well gents, that type of courtesy and racing right there perfectly describes our RD Club members!

Congrats to the podium and insane lap times you 3 posted! Thanks @Craig Dunkley for hosting! Loved this combo you put together! It was all about driving style and setup!

Last edited:
so I took the brave outside line on T1 to pass the lap car, but I think that's where you suffered your incident... Sorry bout that bro...

No, I have passed the lap car safely, going around as you did and then, in the 3rd turn, the first heavy braking zone, he "wanted to keep the pace" and braked way too late, at almost half the point and it hit me while cornering. But that's ok - it's racing. There are plenty of races in the near future, maybe I can see you on the track again :D

Aero 2 ... that's why you were gaining so much on the straights even if I had slipstream. I tried a aero3 setup and it was just too slippery for my current skill

I believe we had contact at one point...
I don't remember the contact, but I know I wanted to pass you pushing the limits of that corner and realized I didn't have enough speed. Seeing you on the outside (with CarRadar) made me realized I can't get the outside curb so I tried my best to keep my line while maintaining speed - which meant lifting and coasting while steering harder than needed. I know it's better to leave space for both of us than to try too much (the last part I've learned it at last Sunday's race :)) )

Well gents, that type of courtesy and racing right there perfectly describes our RD Club members!
Well, racing was for gents in the beginning, so it should still be now.

Had good race pace, set the car up for long straight overtake, not too successful there.:(
Really thought I would just float by on the straight,
It proved not to be the case, as I found out on a few occasions.:rolleyes:

A few incidents, scuppered any chance of a fight with
@Medilloni @Enzo Fazzi and gang,.
Incident with @Daniel Nieto , which was my fault, suffered a bout of impatience.:confused: Sorry.
The other off, not sure about that, a racing incidence,
I have put that down to.
Lucky to get the placing I did in the end, had a bit of a tussle with Han, but he got caught in a battle with Craig, so opened a gap there, luckily.
Became a lonely race for most of the time, with an occasional glance at who was in front, with no hope of closing the gap by any meaningful amount.
Just waited for a incident, which never occurred.
:rolleyes:
Have a large amount of respect for the blue flag drivers they were very thoughtful to me, your day will come, I hope I will be as good as you were when I am your blue flag driver.:thumbsdown:

Just one other point, found this car to be very easy to setup to your requirements, very versatile.:)

Thanks for tonight's race @Craig Dunkley , super track and car:thumbsup:

Congrats to Enzo and Owen for the podium finishes, and whilst I like a good result, it was inherited - I was sorry to see @Asterix , @Michael Owens and @HF2000 out so early, was hoping my race pace could get me in the mix with them for for some fun racing;)

Yeah, I got a great start then just couldn't get her slowed down for T1 haha shame, but got back to 3rd and was stuck there unable to really catch up. Going from 1st to last in the first corner made for an interesting race though, hard to pass on that track!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back