R.I.P. F1

Why is it so bad about not having a race in Germany. If the GPs were decided on who is strong in the championship, goodbye Monaco, Spa, Shanghai, Singapore, Yas Marina etc. And if the problem is losing a big market, USA was out, France is out. Did F1 die with their absense?

At the end they don't have any circuits I like a lot.

Why is it so bad about not having a race in Germany. If the GPs were decided on who is strong in the championship, goodbye Monaco, Spa, Shanghai, Singapore, Yas Marina etc. And if the problem is losing a big market, USA was out, France is out. Did F1 die with their absense?

At the end they don't have any circuits I like a lot.

Hmmm. I'm really not sure about the bit I highlighted. I've always thought of F1 being largely unpopular in the US anyway (fan wise). But if you're talking from a purely financial POV, then yeah, guess you could be right...

I guess it's going to be a 6 hour drive to Monza instead of a 3 hour drive to Hockenheim for me this year.... :(

The missing track is not the problem. It is a result of the real problems of F1.

-

Please have a look at the German GP 20 years ago. Massive crowd, many flags, enthusiastic fans,... The fans are just not that thrilled by F1 anymore, myself included.
In the past, seeing the light flash out gave me goosebumps, aswell as the sound and the corner speed.
Now... I dont know the reason, its just... Different. A bit boring.
The races oftena re even better than in the past, but not as exciting.

The fans are not thrilled anymore, they dont go to the GPs that often, they dont need to see it. The tracks are missing their fans - Meaning the tracks will get kicked out - Moving to countries with more money where the fans are not that important cause the country is able to pay more themselves.

People keep saying "the fans don't this and the fans like that" as if they are speaking for everyone. Times have changed, the sport has changed and so has the people around the globe.
I'm not going to try to speak for everyone but I'll tell you my side of the story.
I've grown accustomed to entertainment on demand, to have access to telemetry, interview with people in the paddock or retired divers, expert commentary etc.
I do intend on attending one or two F1 races before I die, but I honestly prefer watching the sport from the leisure of my own home, and I suspect that I'm not alone and that the amount of fans who does is a growing number.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.7%