R Factor 2 Advanced Car Set up Guide

David O'Reilly

A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

Why

There have been some very good and some exceptional set up guides written for ISI Motor (and other) sims in the past including the Racer Alex Advanced F1 set-up guide which was written 13 years ago for the EA F1 2002 Challenge game. A lot of water has passed under the bridge in sim-racing and simulation engines in those 13 years! More stuff works like real life and so there is more to know.
Our goal in writing this guide is to respect but also build on such guides and to bring them up to date with some more contemporary information on what works in the current build (Build Max 998) of RF2.
We also see an opportunity to bring into the picture the knowledge base and skill of some race winning drivers and engineers from what is the highest level open wheeler competition available in the R factor 2 environment, Formula Sim Racing.
It is aimed at saloon as well as open wheeler racing.

This guide is unnoffical and so is not endorsed or supported by ISI.

This is Version 1.0 If you spot any errors or ommissions feel free to say so (but thats a given really!!)
Click this link to download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/soyzd4abya...ideV1.pdf?dl=0

Last edited:
David , I mentioned this in the other thread in here as well , and wanted to say " Thank you! " for this! Looks like you put in a lot of work into this and I planning on reading that thing from cover to cover , more than a few times. So , I just wanted to say thanks again!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 146 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 260 13.5%