F1 2010 R&D Objective question.

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys, this seems a stupid question but in practice on career mode, when you have R&D objectives to do, do you have to play through the whole of practice? As earlier when i was in Kuala Lumpur, i gained the objectives in each sessions then skipped straight to the next session, and at the end my race engineer said something like "you haven't met any objectives in practice", which confused me! :confused:
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: i'm driver 2 by the way.

I normally skip to the next practice session after doing a few laps and I have always had the upgrade. It show up on the monitor (in the r&d section) at the beginning of qualifying. I've read a lot on here that you have to play through the whole session or fast forward in order to get the upgrades, which I'm a bit confused with.

I do the same as Gareth, get the desired laptime then just skip to the next session and ive always got the upgrade aswell. I don't know what the deal with skipping sessions is but im on the 7th year in career, 39 rep and last season i was with mclaren and my agent said to me that she had bad news, they had to let me go, i won the team mate challenge and got all the upgrades available and made all my qual and race objectives for the season, i just dont get it, 7th year, 6 WC and have never had an offer of staying at a team.

Your career only goes up to seven years. That's the longest option the game does, I'm in the fifth season of a five year career with Williams and won't get an offers from any teams as it's my last season. Or I might have read your post wrong; were you let go from Mclaren with seasons left in your career?

Andrew have you always got your seat from the rival challenge system, or from a contract offer?
I'm a bit naive on this one as I have stayed with Lotus for 3 years and signed for yr 4.
I was just wondering if maybe the game is set to kick you out after 1 year if you got the seat from the rival challenge.
My understanding is that it was inserted into the game because ppl wanted to get seats in the top teams faster than career in its original format would allow. So maybe they have a 1 season limit on seats gained in that way??

Thx guys, that is what my problem is then, my first season was with lotus but all the next seasons where with either red bull, mclaren or ferrari from rival beats, i thought they were letting me go cause of Rep but i had 39 rep in season 6 and still didnt get a renew on the contract, so that is what it is. I dont see the point of the rival beat system in the game, hope they take it out for career mode in 2011.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back