F1 2013 R&D component faillure? What can I do?

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm driving on Season 2 with AMG Mercedes with Lewis Hamilton as my second teammate and me being number 1 driver. I use an agressive R&D development approach. Just as I was in Canada, I did R&D for 10% more downforce, a fantastic upgrade, but unfortunately it says components unavaillable due to rarity, may become availlable in the future. Why did my R&D fail? Is there nothing I can do about it? I would have loved to have 10% more downforce. Is it possible to use savegame to go back and try again, or does that not work?

Also a quick second qeustion. I missed my Melbourne R&D due to my only being able to choose my R&D drivers approach after like race 3/4 can't remember exactly. Will the upgrades transfer over to season 3 if I stay with AMG Mercedes?

Sometimes they just fail but will be available in a couple races. I have heard only heard that in my career with sauber so far. I usually get the part two races later....

Same thing happened to me. On the day of the race my engineer told me that it had failed and due to rarity it will be a couple of races till I can get another part.

I put is on aggressive as they fail but you get them in a few races, so by the end of the season your car is faster as you get all the upgrades except parts that fail on race 17 as you don't have enough races for them then to be applied, as i think your car completely resets at the start of a new season

I put is on aggressive as they fail but you get them in a few races, so by the end of the season your car is faster as you get all the upgrades except parts that fail on race 17 as you don't have enough races for them then to be applied, as i think your car completely resets at the start of a new season

I really had hoped that the upgrades would be persistent, as that would make the more in game seasons more dynamic as maybe those teams that were aggressive could possibly see themselves edging out other teams rather than just having to wait for 2014 F1 to see that change in team performance.

I'm driving on Season 2 with AMG Mercedes with Lewis Hamilton as my second teammate and me being number 1 driver. I use an agressive R&D development approach. Just as I was in Canada, I did R&D for 10% more downforce, a fantastic upgrade, but unfortunately it says components unavaillable due to rarity, may become availlable in the future. Why did my R&D fail? Is there nothing I can do about it? I would have loved to have 10% more downforce. Is it possible to use savegame to go back and try again, or does that not work?

Also a quick second qeustion. I missed my Melbourne R&D due to my only being able to choose my R&D drivers approach after like race 3/4 can't remember exactly. Will the upgrades transfer over to season 3 if I stay with AMG Mercedes?

This happened to me a few times and every time it happened I didn't hit my target in qualy. So I figured pass R&D and fail to hit your target grid position in qualy equals failed upgrade. Maybe just a coincidence?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 142 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.8%