R/C Racing

Nice Gary! The TRex is a very nice heli.
When I started RC (about 30 years back ;)) I did not had the money to do helicopters. Now, I simply lack the time to devote to it. So, I only fly indoors with my Picollo now.

You fly 3D with the heli as well?

Last attempts at 3D did not end well Marco :p, i enjoy "aggressive sport" flying really, and also trying to achieve a sort of scale look as well instead of the spazzy almost out of control blur that is modern extreme 3D, with fixed wing i am more than happy to push the aerobatic envelope but i seem to have some kind of mental blockage with helis that keeps telling me "A helicopter should never be upsidedown!!!" :p.
I still love my little indoor Hummingbird fixed pitch heli as well, it used to have a folded card printed out body kit but sadly that got crashed to smithereens, must try and make another for it as it not only looks cool, but makes it feel so much better as well, the guy that made them actually done the design for Picollo's but only needed small alterations to fit and he also has an Apache option too ;).

cobra004.jpg

cobracanopy002.jpg

heli3.jpg

Thats my Bell 222 fuselage long since gone, very fragile...

Here's a video of me testing as the race day was cancelled.

Here's a video of the last race day, I had problem with the car so was put into the slower final as I didn't complete the amount of laps to get into the A final because the car kept stopping every 5mins and heats are 7mins.

Ok, time for some insane clips then.

200+! mph. Car is totally not driveable outside this little arena, as there is no way in steering it at those kind of speeds. But still, it is INSANELY fast!

IFMAR 1/10 World Championship A Final, Leg 3. This is top level racing. Cars run around 120km/h on this track! Really amazing controls.

I promissed a better vid for the V8, but I found something nicer ;) A v12, including the building process. Take a look at how delicate this is build. Skip to the end of the movie, to see it running:

And last, for those with very deep pockets (filled with a lot of money ;)).
A turbine powered dragster. Really amazing stuff this.

Hi guys, love the pics and vids keep em coming :cool:

I have a 1/5th scale Baja buggy 26cc 2 stroke monster, these RC's are HUGE and weigh around 20kg :D, they are just the most fun in the dirt. Rear wheel drive cars that can hit speeds of 100klm/hr, mine gets to around 75-80klm/hr but only has a single speed box, I'm looking at buying a 2 speed setup to bolt on, should crank my buggy to around 100klm/hr :sneaky:.
It's not all been fun and games though, about 8weeks after getting it a had an arguement with a metal starpicket which was bent over to ground level, my buggy hit it while running flat out, the resulting stack was spectacular, the repair bill was a different story :cry:. I put it down to learning curve, put my empty wallet back in pocket and forced a grim smile. Ive since got it together and can control its power, so hopefully no more major repairs :roflmao:
Heres a few pics of the damage.
BajaBrokenFrontWebsize.jpg

BentBajaNoBody.jpg

BentBajaWeakPointCleansnap.jpg
BajaBrokenside.jpg

Ouch.. That seems like a nasty damage indeed.

I think it happens to the most of us :) When my nitro 1/10 still was in it's previous owner, I had some fun with it as well. 1 time, I miscalculated the speed and distance to the sidewalk, and hit it full with the side. A lot to repair, and also a bill that was no fun at all :)

Ouch.. That seems like a nasty damage indeed.

I think it happens to the most of us :) When my nitro 1/10 still was in it's previous owner, I had some fun with it as well. 1 time, I miscalculated the speed and distance to the sidewalk, and hit it full with the side. A lot to repair, and also a bill that was no fun at all :)

Yes it was an expensive lesson indeed, Ive since found a much safer spot to enjoy the Baja.
I started out with a nitro HPI monster truck, but I found them to be rather high maintanance, so I sold it and purchased the Buggy, havent regreted it at all :cool:
Thats one thing Ive noticed with RC's, when you break them they are very hard on the wallet to fix, also the aftermarket hopup parts are expensive as well :thumbsdown:

Indeed. Tune up parts are very expensive...

At the moment, I am building a new ship. Unbelievable how much money goes into that as well :) But ey, you need something to know you are not going to work every day for just some food :) I like it a lot, and love to play with all my toys. So I just accept the fact that my wallet doesnt like it :p

So Marco, the ship your building are we talking a LARGE vessel or speed boat sized? any pics to show?
Ive viewed a few utube vids on RC boats, and I must say it's amazing to me the amount of hours hobbiests put in to a chosen project, Im in awe of those who devote so much time and effort to their chosen hobby, but I take my hat off to them aswell.

Havent got pictures of the build yet. Will make some and post them.It's the Dusseldorf from Robbe. A firefighter boat. All will be functional, including a seperate RC controled motorboat on the back ;) Nice project, but indeed, we are working on it for quite some time now, and we still haven't got the decks on.

Building is a lot of fun, but using it still is the most fun for me. Both for boats and cars. Especially those sweet quick ones. They give such a huge adrenaline rush :).

Well, in that case I am going to make some pictures of the other one as well and post them here :p I should have a video somewhere from the nitro car also. Must have a deep search for that one, and up it to youtube.

Thanks Xose for splitting the topic ;)

Im glad yall started this. I race competively in the state I live in. I have gotten 2nd and 4th the last two seasons I raced. I have a 2wd Short Course truck and 2wd Stadium truck(bothoffroad 1/10 scale). I am actually selling some of it bcz i wrecked the front end on my car(the one in my profile pic). It is really fun and awesome to meet the guys around here. It is a good hobby for a father/child to do since they have sportsman(beginner) classes up to expert. If you have any questions about it, I will behappy to ask

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 323 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%