Quick way to know if pitlane AI works

Hi
What's the easiest, quickest way to know if a mod track's pitlane works without loading up the track and testing it out?

Is it to look in the track's data folder to see if there's a pitlane AI or something like that?

I'd like to know as I'm setting up championships with tracks which I don't know so well, and don't have experience of in the pits.

I would say loading it up and testing is the only sure way.

the AI folder might contain a pit_lane.ai file, but it could be copied from another track. You would also need to check that the pit-in, pit lane, and pit-out are set up correctly in the surfaces.ini

I would suggest doing a lap yourself, starting from the hotlap spawn point (assuming that has been set up correctly :unsure:)

I would say loading it up and testing is the only sure way.

the AI folder might contain a pit_lane.ai file, but it could be copied from another track. You would also need to check that the pit-in, pit lane, and pit-out are set up correctly in the surfaces.ini

I would suggest doing a lap yourself, starting from the hotlap spawn point (assuming that has been set up correctly :unsure:)
Thanks for your reply :)

Haven't fully understood though. In four or so years of playing AC almost daily, I've never done a hotlap. :(

If I do a hotlap, how do I see if the AI can pit?

Hi
What's the easiest, quickest way to know if a mod track's pitlane works without loading up the track and testing it out?

Is it to look in the track's data folder to see if there's a pitlane AI or something like that?

I'd like to know as I'm setting up championships with tracks which I don't know so well, and don't have experience of in the pits.
Why do you need this? The AI doesn't pit properly anyway.

To set up offline championships against AI. And I want to include tracks of which i don't know whether their AI lines include a functioning pitlane.
I don't wanna set up a championship and find that halfway through the championship there's a track on which the AI won't work cos it's missing a pitlane line.
Some of my tracks has a completely wrong pitlane AI line(the blue one), altough works fine only with correct side and racing lines. (red and purple).

I mean, the AI does completely wrong pitstop strategies, so there's no point to make such a race that the AI would need to do pitstops.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 139 13.9%