Quick way to know if pitlane AI works

Billy Pilgrim

1000RPM
Original poster
Mar 25, 2014
Hi
What's the easiest, quickest way to know if a mod track's pitlane works without loading up the track and testing it out?

Is it to look in the track's data folder to see if there's a pitlane AI or something like that?

I'd like to know as I'm setting up championships with tracks which I don't know so well, and don't have experience of in the pits.

Fat-Alfie

2000RPM
Premium
Oct 16, 2012
I would say loading it up and testing is the only sure way.

the AI folder might contain a pit_lane.ai file, but it could be copied from another track. You would also need to check that the pit-in, pit lane, and pit-out are set up correctly in the surfaces.ini

I would suggest doing a lap yourself, starting from the hotlap spawn point (assuming that has been set up correctly :unsure:)

Billy Pilgrim

1000RPM
Original poster
Mar 25, 2014
I would say loading it up and testing is the only sure way.

the AI folder might contain a pit_lane.ai file, but it could be copied from another track. You would also need to check that the pit-in, pit lane, and pit-out are set up correctly in the surfaces.ini

I would suggest doing a lap yourself, starting from the hotlap spawn point (assuming that has been set up correctly :unsure:)
Thanks for your reply :)

Haven't fully understood though. In four or so years of playing AC almost daily, I've never done a hotlap. :(

If I do a hotlap, how do I see if the AI can pit?

Apr 6, 2018
Hi
What's the easiest, quickest way to know if a mod track's pitlane works without loading up the track and testing it out?

Is it to look in the track's data folder to see if there's a pitlane AI or something like that?

I'd like to know as I'm setting up championships with tracks which I don't know so well, and don't have experience of in the pits.
Why do you need this? The AI doesn't pit properly anyway.

Fat-Alfie

2000RPM
Premium
Oct 16, 2012
Sorry, my misunderstanding. I thought you were trying to arrange online races.

Billy Pilgrim

1000RPM
Original poster
Mar 25, 2014
Why do you need this? The AI doesn't pit properly anyway.
To set up offline championships against AI. And I want to include tracks of which i don't know whether their AI lines include a functioning pitlane.
I don't wanna set up a championship and find that halfway through the championship there's a track on which the AI won't work cos it's missing a pitlane line.

Fat-Alfie

2000RPM
Premium
Oct 16, 2012
If that turns out to be the case, though, it is a 5 minute job to record a missing pitlane.

Apr 6, 2018
To set up offline championships against AI. And I want to include tracks of which i don't know whether their AI lines include a functioning pitlane.
I don't wanna set up a championship and find that halfway through the championship there's a track on which the AI won't work cos it's missing a pitlane line.
Some of my tracks has a completely wrong pitlane AI line(the blue one), altough works fine only with correct side and racing lines. (red and purple).

I mean, the AI does completely wrong pitstop strategies, so there's no point to make such a race that the AI would need to do pitstops.