Quick Step by Step to set up Ded. Server ?

Quick Step by Step to set up Ded. Server ??

is there one somewhere ?

I have this folder:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\ms7xwdc\race07

do i create a new folder ?
copy / paste anything ?

can i run the server on a 2nd PC ?

thx

Download it from the "Tools" section of Steam.

It will create a "Race07ds" folder in steamapps next to your usual race folder, install your tracks there as well as in your game.

Try copying the ds folder to somewhere else and running it. If it works you can just copy that folder to another computer. There might be a standalone version around or that might just be it, I'm unsure.

One remark. I was setting up a dedicted server but my ping times were 5000. This topic has been described a lot, but I cannot set up a dedicated server because of my router. When I plugin my PC directly into my cable modem without a router between them, everything goes fine. Also establish port forwarding of all required ports does not help me. Conclusion: for some reason my Belkin router is outdated.

• GhoztWiz

Try copying the ds folder to somewhere else and running it. If it works you can just copy that folder to another computer. There might be a standalone version around or that might just be it, I'm unsure.

Tried that I keep getting an error that steam is not running.

We also would need to run more than one server on a dedicated box. Would like to find the stand alone version out there.

Yves, I don't think your router is the problem. For some reason, you need to put all the ports in windows firewall exceptions (all the range). Just turn the firewall off won't work, I just don't get it, but it's like that.

To open a range of ports just google it and you'll find it. :D

Cheers.

One remark. I was setting up a dedicted server but my ping times were 5000. This topic has been described a lot, but I cannot set up a dedicated server because of my router. When I plugin my PC directly into my cable modem without a router between them, everything goes fine. Also establish port forwarding of all required ports does not help me. Conclusion: for some reason my Belkin router is outdated.

I have the same question - my clan DVASquad.com run a dedicated server for Halo, Call of Duty 4, Battlefield 2 and also dabble in GTR2 from time to time. We would like to offer GTR Evolution as an alternative to GTR2 but it's not entirely clear how this can be done on a remote server.

The big question is - do you have to do it all through Steam?

From reading other forums, here's what I think needs to be done...

Install Steam on the remote server.
Sign as a valid Steam user.
Upload Race07, Evo and STCC.
Run dedicated server from the Steam Tools tab.

This means a fairly sizeable install to get a server up and running and then being logged into Steam remotely whenever you want the server to be available.

Have I got it right or is there an easier way?

Yves, I don't think your router is the problem. For some reason, you need to put all the ports in windows firewall exceptions (all the range). Just turn the firewall off won't work, I just don't get it, but it's like that.

To open a range of ports just google it and you'll find it. :D

Cheers.

Aritan, Well I did actually forward all ports. I did it a lot of times for other software. I also did disable all firewalls. I used even other computers to test... still nothing. But my problem is solved. I noticed that my internet cable connection supports two IP adresses. Now I bypass my router with a switch. Conclusion: my pc is connected directly to my cable modem and everything is ok :dance2:

Aritan, Well I did actually forward all ports. I did it a lot of times for other software. I also did disable all firewalls. I used even other computers to test... still nothing. But my problem is solved. I noticed that my internet cable connection supports two IP adresses. Now I bypass my router with a switch. Conclusion: my pc is connected directly to my cable modem and everything is ok :dance2:

GREAT!!!! :rotfl:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 312 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing