Quick start off the grid

Hey everyone,

I'm fairly new to R3E and Sims in general and really enjoying it so far but I'm still trying to figure out how to get a quick start at the beginning of a race as I'm always losing a couple of positions because I'm terrible at them. Is it just timing or is there a technique I should be aware of. I mainly race DTM 2015 but I'm curious to know if the same rules apply to all cars such as the WTCC 2015, GT3 etc...

Any input would be much appreciated.

Depends on the car and drive train....rwd, fwd awd etc. You need to practice launching the car you plan to race and find the proper rpm where the tires grab. For instance if you just hold the throttle at the limiter with the wtcc or audi tt you'll just sit there spinning your tires watching others drive by you :)
I've found 40-50% in 1st gear or 50-60% in 2nd of the Rev limiter in fwd cars using auto clutch will get you off the line quickly with min wheel spin.
If the certain car you plan on racing allows for individual gear tuning set 1st gear long enough that when you drop the clutch with full throttle it just slightly chirps the the tires.

The WTCC cars are tricky to get off the line quickly since they are FWD. (except for the BMW of course) The best practice is to control the wheelspin in 1st gear, when you get to a certain point in the rev range and speed, (this will vary in all the cars) you should be able to go to put your foot down without bogging the car down and go into 2nd gear.

For DTM and GT3 cars, since you don't have to use the clutch pedal at the starts anymore, you can just have the car in 1st gear and put your foot almost all the way down at the start. For some cars, you'll have to control the wheelspin if you don't adjust the TCS at the start. You don't have this luxury in DTM cars though, but you shouldn't have an issue with just putting your foot down at the start.

Thanks a lot guys. This information sounds promising. Can't wait to get back home and try this stuff out.

Racing against the ai i seem to have a good start but online I always lose a couple positions. Hopefully with some practice I'll actually hold pole position.

OK, ok i am going to let the cat out of the bag:))
AWESOME START EACH TIME! - read here >>>>>
1. in this game you can't jump the start, so this is the most important thing!
2.put the car(anycar) in 1st and depending on car half,quarter or full throtle , some examples : NSU- 100%, WTCC13/14/15 Half to 3 quarters, DTM92 all most full,just below redline, DTM13/14/15 half.
3. REMEMBER since you can't jump start you don't need clutch, just keep the acc pressed at the presets above and the car will launch of the line as soon as it's green, you will not have a better reaction time than this.

Although i do quite okay at starts, in the NSU i completely messed up all starts i've tried so far.
But Mr. C is an alien, trust his words :)

I actually didn't know you can't jump starts in R3E.
Since jumpstarting my very first race ever in GSCE i engage the clutch on the grid automatically :)
(Although i use auto clutch)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back