Quick Reply please... Camber in cars.

Hey, I added this to my wheels under wheel_front, wheel_rear:
wheel_front
{
camber=-5 ;

wheel_rear
{
camber=-2

But ingame I find no camber in my car wheels, what do I need to do to enable this Camber?

I'm not sure that we can expect the wheels would be rendered differently in game based on this if the visual is what you're talking about.

Well in the same version of Racer that I have there is the BMW Euro Drifter which had camber and it worked... So I don't see why It shouldn't work with my car. Btw its version 08.38

Yes very silly post by me.... I set it to -12 on the lambo in this latest version and the rendered lean of the tires is quite apparent.
Code:
wheel0~wheel_front
{
  x=0
  camber=-12
  toe=-0.2
  model
  {
    file=fl.dof
  }
  model_brake
  {
    file=flb.dof
  }
}
wheel1~wheel_front
{
  x=0
  camber=-12
  toe=0.2
  model
  {
    file=fr.dof
  }
  model_brake
  {
    file=frb.dof
  }
}
; 335/30ZR18

More specific sections overwrite more general ones. Basically it only looks for undefined values in the ~ referenced bits.
Code:
wheel_front
{
  camber=5
}
wheel1~wheel_front
{
  camber=0
}
Will result in camber of 0.

Maybe the car has them already written elsewhere so it doesn't get to your added lines?

More specific sections overwrite more general ones. Basically it only looks for undefined values in the ~ referenced bits.
Code:
wheel_front
{
  camber=5
}
wheel1~wheel_front
{
  camber=0
}
Will result in camber of 0.

Maybe the car has them already written elsewhere so it doesn't get to your added lines?

Yep! Exactly what you have said. It was written in the wheel0,1,2,3 ect.~wheel_front/rear sections. so I removed the camber from there and it worked :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back