Quick Release

Hey guys.

Does anyone have any experience with the Simracn quick release system? I would really like a quick release to get the wheel out of the way for getting in and out of my custom cockpit. The Simracn QR retails for $45 which is a good price (to me atleast) if it is what I think it is. I know most racing style QR's have to have a plate fabricated/ welded on the end of the shaft to fit onto whichever wheel unit you have.

I have no wires that need to be fed through the wheel into the steering unit so if anyone has any easier ideas for me to do a simpler QR I'm totally open to ideas.

I also like to support like mined people who run businesses to help support people like us. I'd rather pay someone who's trying to make sim racing easier for us, rather than a corporation trying to make an extra buck.

Any help or opinions are appreciated. Thanks in advance. =)

Charlie made my wheel and incorporated my own quick release onto it, the wheel wires dont run through the quick release itself the usb plugs into your SLI device and the wire needs some slack for the rotation of the wheel. I know feeding the wiring into the QR system is possible and has been done but at a price waaaaaaay over what you're lookin at spending here. I use the curly usb i got from charlie and its plenty of slack and isnt rigid.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 283 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years