Quick question about steering lock.

Óscar Melero

Foxtochop
I'm using 900º in global settings with G27 and I'm driving the Stock Cars and Metalmoro, so far, at 33º of steering lock, each of them.

I don't know if this is a realistic setting. I don't mind the degrees of steering, I want all cars to steer 900º. The thing I mind really is:

Will ALL cars steer realistically if I set 900º and 33º steering lock?

and the most important...

How can I make 33º (or xxº) to be the default steering lock for each car, to not change it anymore? Everytime I re-enter a session I got to do it again, any way of setting it default so the game can remember it?

Thanks.

Sorry about that, I read it days ago to solve this question. Maybe (surely) I missed out the answers to my questions. Thank you.

Edit: Ok, I've read it again and I can't find how can I apply a 33º steering lock for all cars as a default setting, so I don't have to set it all the time before a session.

Last edited:
You can't set it as a default setting since the only way to change that is through the HDV file and Reiza have these files hidden.

But here's a protip that you might not know yet:

On the G27/G25 if you hold the two middle red buttons on the shifter and then press one of the 4 top buttons (the ones in the diamond formation) you can change the wheels lock settings to a different setting. This can be useful if you are driving a Formula car and then getting into a street car that has full rotation.

Here are the settings:

Hold the two middle red buttons and press one of the following:

Top: 225 degrees

Right: 675 degrees

Left: 450 degrees

Bottom: 900 Default

This will help you out changing your rotation on the fly, without the need to get out of the game every time.

Also here's some combos I usually use:
- Stock V8's, Formulas and Metalmoro use 450º rotation 19-23 lock
- Camaro, Mini and the Opala use 900º rotation 28-33 lock
- Karts use 225º rotation 23 deegres lock

You can't set it as a default setting since the only way to change that is through the HDV file and Reiza have these files hidden.

But here's a protip that you might not know yet:

On the G27/G25 if you hold the two middle red buttons on the shifter and then press one of the 4 top buttons (the ones in the diamond formation) you can change the wheels lock settings to a different setting. This can be useful if you are driving a Formula car and then getting into a street car that has full rotation.

Here are the settings:

Hold the two middle red buttons and press one of the following:

Top: 225 degrees

Right: 675 degrees

Left: 450 degrees

Bottom: 900 Default

This will help you out changing your rotation on the fly, without the need to get out of the game every time.

Also here's some combos I usually use:
- Stock V8's, Formulas and Metalmoro use 450º rotation 19-23 lock
- Camaro, Mini and the Opala use 900º rotation 28-33 lock
- Karts use 225º rotation 23 deegres lock
That's a good trick! Didn't know it :) The thing is I play w/out the shifter (untill I buy a new desk, no space at all to place it) but I set 900º,33º for the stock cars/formulas/metalmoro and I can play well with them.

But that's a good trick right there, everyone should know it :) Thank you.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.5%