questions from a newbie

hey there,i've start to learn BTB ,and i understand approximatively how it works,but i don't know how to create a pitlane,i can create the track,but when i export it to GTR2 for example,the pit crew is on the track,so how could i do the pitlane?thanks for your answers

some basic info:
to create the actual pit lane you have to make a separate bit of road and line up the roads manually. i think there are other ways to create pitlanes too, but nothing as simple as i'm sure you wish. search the forums, i expect you'll find better advice.

as far as the pit crew, you'll need to make an AI waypoint file (AIW). you designate pit boxes and such in those.

in the stickies at the top of the forum there is a thread for joing roads and a thread for easy aiw (though it's for rFactor, i've never looked into how you do it in the simbin games - again, search the forum here)

Another way would be to make the track wider where you want the pitlane, then put a wall between the track and the pitlane.

i used it in my rfactor track, you can see on this video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrBLiP40MGg[/ame]

A different alternative, which I use often, is to use the tarmac texture on the terrain where you want the pitlane. Then you can put a wall at the edge of the track and Robert is your father's brother.

Here is an example of this (rudimetary, I know, but clear):

KahanahalooPark-Entradaaboxes.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%