Questions for creating RBR Tracks.

Hi AlL..:)

1: How to make a Sky box after my own ideas for RBR

2. Is bad weather possible to make in BTB for RBR ?

3. Water and splashes on the RBR stages (BTB)

4. Is it possible to edit, the landscapes in the Great britain Xpack ?
It's great that it is in the Xpack ( great Job M8), But to use it, seems to me that you have to start with the Landscapes and then build your track.

5. will the high altitude in a track, do something to the cars <power>

6. is it possible to use Camera adds for RBR ( don't seem to work)

7. shadow maps for RBR when created in BTB possible ?

8. is it possible to add a artificial Shadow when adding trees, like if you paint a darker spot underneath the trees and bushes Bla bla ?

9. a ultimate setting in Nvidias control panel for working with BTB, normally you will have to make a setting (controlled by program, for not having the polygones showing, but when it's a BTB/RBR Track it is not showing if you use for instance Quality and lots of stuff open.. weee thats great though :)

10. thanks for you time, this should solve some though's for lost of us modders. and sorry if there is a how too, with all my questions ..:)
then please direct me to them... :)

yours Sensirely
and Dream Extreme
Flagmo-T.com
youtube.com/flagmo4teammoff

ps.. thanks brendon for your awesome Job..

I'm Gut smacked, still no answers ? Not even 1 person who knows something about these questions or just 1 of them.. ?

I'm very confused now ((=_O)) Maybe some communication and a few ideas would help- Just collaborate with some plausible ideas.. or just throw me in the direction to some answers..:behindsofa:

I can't remember the URL for the BTB/RBR Wiki, my hope is that there should be some answers there..

BUT!!!
If PPL haven't got an Answer to these Q's, then it only tells Me! that the questions is even more important to be answered, that's simple Logic :suspicious:

Maybe I should paint Real-Dolls instead.:violin:

Sweet Wet Dreams
The Flagmo-Tizer..

PS. Piddy/BP would properly answer with a " Use the walls " but to all of the Questions ? hehe..(J:foot-in-mouth:KE)

/ To tell you why I'm asking, is that what I'm working on now, is a test track to learn and to develop a kind of working skills with BTB, because later on, I will create some Danish Rally Real stages, which is gonna be used, in the off season for the real Rally drivers, I have a Big real rally community behind my ideas ( we will have off season championships with RBR ), and later on this year, we are going to drive through one of the great stages, to collect pictures of the landscape object houses and the small cities, so it can be as real as possible, in Denmark we often have mixed surface, but also with WET areas, Mixed open landscape and dark forest's, and these questins will save me lots of time, instead of trying to do something that isn't possible anyway ( I even have More questions, but hold back).. well I wrap my self in to some more patience, and wait some more..

first, when you want finish you track in native RBR form, you must thinking about some more before start. otherwise you will waste all.

i can´t answer all questions. but i can tell you possibillities as i know (and do my self)

1. make it at 3dsmax and import it as an object (like scenary cz methode)

4. unzip X-pack to BTB\XPacker\XPacks\ folder now you can change all what you want. but make sure you have permission from autor.

5. i don´t understand the question.....

6 and 7 not working yet

8. maybe blend 2 textures??? (blending not work after export (to 3dsmax))

10. I help where i can to pimp up rbr modding tracks :D

Lamda

Thanks M8, I really appreciate it.. and It did solved lots of my thought's :)

Question 5.
I was just wondering if it is a part of RBR physics, the altitude is a problem for some cars in WRC ( real life), like the Citroen C4, losses some power when they are too High up.. ( Just curious as always )

I'll get right to it, regarding the ideas from you.. super great Lamda

I'm happytized :)

PS. But painting Real Dolls Could be some FUN iguess.. hehe

PS2. What a great and creative Site you guys have and Amazing Tracks in progress.. I truly Love it Lamda..

ps.3. I'm Hopefuly starting On Truemax.com later this year or first Q in 2010 as a 2D/3D artist student, we'll see, about that ;)

But isn't possible for you to upload some sky boxes created for BTB/RBR project here on RD, PPL would love you for it, I'm sure.. :) otherwise when i have done it, I will do it.. because it's a great help file for RBR projects.. tada

• jharro

these question are actually more related to rxplugin than BTB so i'll try to answer them instead. as far as i'm aware BTB supports every single feature the plugin has to offer so if you think there are things missing and you can't live without them thats in no way BTB's fault.

1: How to make a Sky box after my own ideas for RBR
a: RBR doesn't use skyboxes, it uses a skydome which gets it's color from a realtime atmosphere scattering shader. the clouds are 3D and they are stored in some lbs file in "Maps\" folder so if you find a way...

2. Is bad weather possible to make in BTB for RBR ?
a: no.

3. Water and splashes on the RBR stages (BTB)
a: no.

4. Is it possible to edit, the landscapes in the Great britain Xpack ?
It's great that it is in the Xpack ( great Job M8), But to use it, seems to me that you have to start with the Landscapes and then build your track.

a: the RBR "landscapes" are actually 3D meshes so i don't really see how sharing and useing the same mesh for multiple tracks would make any sense.

5. will the high altitude in a track, do something to the cars <power>
a: i recall years ago the RBR devs said that indeed altitude will affect engine simulation.

6. is it possible to use Camera adds for RBR ( don't seem to work)
a: the plug doesn't support cameras mainly because it also doesn't support replay.

7. shadow maps for RBR when created in BTB possible ?
8. is it possible to add a artificial Shadow when adding trees, like if you paint a a: darker spot underneath the trees and bushes Bla bla ?

again, the plug doesn't support any kind of shadows, including shadow maps and static shadows.

9. a ultimate setting in Nvidias control panel for working with BTB, normally you will have to make a setting (controlled by program, for not having the polygones showing, but when it's a BTB/RBR Track it is not showing if you use for instance Quality and lots of stuff open.. weee thats great though :)
a: i've never cared to mess with gfx card settings so i suppose the default settings should work.

Hi Jharro great to see you M8, long time ago..

Amazing feedback from you both, and yes I do understand the thing about it's being the RXplug and not BTB, all in all, they are married together, so for me it's the easy Tool we have to build with, and therefore the questions is related in some way.. /me

OK Ive got another Question regarding Clouds/fog, first of all, I need to learn more about the Shader STuff, I know you have tried many times to explain how it works, and thats >Super BF, But I'm thinking about having Clouds hanging low around the mountains as in real life (SCottish Highland) and I'm thinking would it work with Billboard Clouds with a Alfa channel, and with out "resting on the ground Bone activated" ? same goes for Fog around the lowetr parts in the country view.. Just a creative idea to make it more real to look at..

I really forgot to say a Big thanks to BlacK_F as well, for this amazing oppertunity of being working with BTB..

Dream Extreme
Flagmo-T.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%