Questions after Installation on Windows 10

Hello together,

I installed GTR 2 after a few years again on my new computer with Windows 10.

I have two questions:

1) Where can I download the patches for the game?
2) The drivingschool is empty (there are no practices availiable). Do you know why? In the past (on my older computer) there were content.

Looking forward to hear from you!

Regards
ps-racer

Not sure about the school but this post about installing may also fix that:

Personally I still have everything for the Driving School in my different installs.
For example, with the Steam version with the 10th Anniversary Patch ... that's just the place where the files are which is different compared with older installs.

Did you well start config.exe and gtr2.exe with admin rights ? ..... GTR2 has now its older Documents/GTR2 files content in the game itself.
I'm nearly sure that launching GTR2 without admin rights might still bring those files in the Documents, where they are not searched any longer.

Installing the 10th Anniversary Patch should be a good idea ... as the needed patches are included and it will give you a much better graphic result of course. ;)

Thank you very much for your help! I installed the 10th Anniversary Patch and run config and GTR2 with administrator rights in compatibilty mode and now it works! Great!

One more question: Since I installed the Anniversary Patch I have the feeling that the graphic is more flickering (details at the trackside: buildings, crash barriers, lines, fences, tribunes, horizon etc.) Was it like that for you, too? Can this be eliminated?

Last edited:
Yes the flicker can be reduced.
Are you using Nvidia GPU?
If you should install Nvidia Inspector and set in all gmotor2 games Antiallasing compatibility to Diablo III.

Also depending on if you are using the Steam version of Gtr2.exe (3.4Mb) or the NoCd gtr2.exe (5.9Mb)
The steam version needs some change to the defviews.cam file.
That is in UserData folder.
Change cliplanes to something like this ClipPlanes=(0.450, 55000.0).
With the NoCd .exe have cliplanes to ClipPlanes=(0.175, 55000.0).

GTR233 and I have been fiddling with other settings lately and compared results.
The below settings depend a lot on monitor aspect ration and maybe size of monitor

You can even reduce the flicker a little more by playing with the Radius factor like Radius=(-0.1) or even -0.2!
It will move the eye point forward so change the PositionOffset (0.0, 0.0 0.X).
Set X to more or less same numeric value as in radius.
If Radius are -0.2 then set X to 0.2.

Last edited:
Indeed you must choose your bug :
- set clipPlanes=(0.05,X) to see full cockpit... but with lots of flickering

- set clipPlanes=(1.0,X) to see quite no flickering...but cockpit view is cut

In next HQ FOV DEFVIEWS v9 Bjarne and I tried to find a compromise but there is no good solution...unless we get a new gtr2.exe with both advantages of nocd+steam versions...

Alternatively, you can try hood view : more fps and less flickering

Moreover, the more you reduce FOV the more you get flickering : I guess this is why Simbin set a high FOV by default at 62

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 237 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years