Questions about track mods

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum, I've recently started getting into GTR2. I have a question regarding 3rd party track mods...

I've downloaded Bathurst track by Team ORSM, when the track is dry the Ai cars drive well, but when the track is wet the Ai cars crush at every turn. Is there a way to fix that?

Also, other tracks have issues when pitting, like after changing tires and refilling they don't leave the pits and get DNF. Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks!

One of the 1st reasons for car not leaving pits after pitting is rather simple: a GTR2 bug

Here's an explanation taken out of another driver's message about this problem

"The other problem that can crop up with other AI cars is when you have the pitcrew detail level set to full for all cars. This will cause MANY AI cars to pit and then never leave. The solution to this problem is to set the pitcrew detail level to Player car only "

Now, for cars crashing in the rain ... do you use GTR2 original cars or a mod on this track ?
Do cars of this mod ( if it is one ) have rain tyres ?
Check them or test with original cars if not yet done .... as it might be a possible reason

One of the 1st reasons for car not leaving pits after pitting is rather simple: a GTR2 bug

Here's an explanation taken out of another driver's message about this problem

"The other problem that can crop up with other AI cars is when you have the pitcrew detail level set to full for all cars. This will cause MANY AI cars to pit and then never leave. The solution to this problem is to set the pitcrew detail level to Player car only "

Now, for cars crashing in the rain ... do you use GTR2 original cars or a mod on this track ?
Do cars of this mod ( if it is one ) have rain tyres ?
Check them or test with original cars if not yet done .... as it might be a possible reason

Thanks for your response.

The first issue has been fixed. Now all cars leave the pits after their pitstops. Thanks

Regarding cars crashing in the rain...
I'm using original cars, and all of them have rain tyres.
I'm pretty certain that this is a track problem because all Ai cars crash in the exactly the same spots and they all follow exactly the same lines that lead them to either crash against the walls or go off the track.

Other 3rd party track mods that I've downloaded don't have this problem.

Any suggestions?

Regarding cars crashing in the rain...
I'm using original cars, and all of them have rain tyres.
I'm pretty certain that this is a track problem because all Ai cars crash in the exactly the same spots and they all follow exactly the same lines that lead them to either crash against the walls or go off the track.

Likely no wet driving line or not the right one!
Go to the tracks .gdb file
Find :
AIWetGrip = 0.7X
Make it higher value. Most tracks are in the 0.75 to .078 rage but if the aiw is off then just go higher.

Likely no wet driving line or not the right one!
Go to the tracks .gdb file
Find :
AIWetGrip = 0.7X
Make it higher value. Most tracks are in the 0.75 to .078 rage but if the aiw is off then just go higher.

Thanks for your response.
Interesting, this track mod doesn't have a 'AIWetGrip' option :-/

This is what's in the .gdb file:

bathurst2010
{
Filter Properties = 2006 NSCRS RoadCourse 2005 SRGrandPrix OWChallenge V8SC

Attrition = 30

TrackName = Mount Panorama (ORSM Bathurst v1.5)
GrandPrixName = Bathurst v1.5 2010 SCA 1000
EventName = Bathurst v1.5 2010 SCA 1000
VenueName = Bathurst, Mount Panorama 2010
Location = Bathurst,NSW, Australia
Length = 6.5 km
Track Record = Craig Lowndes, 126.80

GarageDepth = 2.00
Practice1Day = Friday
Practice1Start = 10:00
Practice1Duration = 60
Practice2Day = Friday
Practice2Start = 14:00
Practice2Duration = 60
Practice3Day = Saturday
Practice3Start = 9:00
Practice3Duration = 45
Practice4Day = Saturday
Practice4Start = 12:00
Practice4Duration = 45
QualifyDay = Saturday
QualifyStart = 14:00
QualifyDuration = 60
QualifyLaps = 12
WarmupDay = Sunday
WarmupStart = 9:00
WarmupDuration = 30
RaceDay = Sunday
RaceStart = 10:00
RaceLaps = 161
RaceTime = 480

// Time-of-day lighting
SkyBlendSunAngles=(-20.5, -1.0, 11.5, 25.5)

ShadowMinSunAngle=15.0

Latitude = -33 // degs from Equator (range: -90 to 90, positive is Northern Hemisphere)
NorthDirection = 0 // the direction of North in degrees (range: 0 to 359)
RaceDate = October 5 // default date for the race

SunriseAmbientRGB = (140,140,115)
SunriseDirectionalRGB = (160,160,135)
SunriseFogRGB = (130,130,105)

DayAmbientRGB = (95,95,95)
DayDirectionalRGB = (255,255,255)
DayFogRGB = (215,215,235)

SunsetAmbientRGB = (140,140,115)
SunsetDirectionalRGB = (160,160,135)
SunsetFogRGB = (130,130,105)

NightAmbientRGB = (15,15,20)
NightDirectionalRGB = (0,0,0)
NightFogRGB = (0,0,0)

///////////////////////////SCORETOWER DATA////////////////////////////////////////////

ScoreboardFont=BATHURST_SCOREFONT01.tga // default is scoreboardfont.bmp
ScoreboardBackground=BATHURST_SCORETOWERBG.tga // default is scoreboardbkg.bmp
ScoreboardMaxEntries=9 // how many car numbers can be displayed on tower (default is 32)
ScoreboardStartX=27 // x-position in texture to write first car number (default is 0)
ScoreboardStartY=7.5 // y-position in texture to write first car number (default is 10)
ScoreboardIncX=0 // increment in x-position for each new car number (default is 0)
ScoreboardIncY=55 // increment in y-position for each new car number (default is 16)
ScoreboardScaleX=2.2 // scale multiplier for x (default is 1.0)
ScoreboardScaleY=1.7 // scale multiplier for y (default is 1.0)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

SettingsFolder = bathurst
SettingsCopy = bathurst.svm
SettingsAI = bathurstAI.svm
Qualify Laptime = 126.60
Race Laptime = 131.00
}

The mod does have a file called 'Bathurst2010Rain.gtr' though...?

copy something like this into the gdb file

RoadDryGrip = 1.00
AIDryGrip = 1.00
RoadWetGrip = 0.75
AIWetGrip = 0.75
PlayerTireWear = 1.0
FrontTireHeatMult = 1.00
RearTireHeatMult = 1.00

it might be in the aiw file but this will override it

copy something like this into the gdb file

RoadDryGrip = 1.00
AIDryGrip = 1.00
RoadWetGrip = 0.75
AIWetGrip = 0.75
PlayerTireWear = 1.0
FrontTireHeatMult = 1.00
RearTireHeatMult = 1.00

it might be in the aiw file but this will override it

Thanks but didn't solve the problem. The cars still strictly follow the same racing line and they all go off at the same spots.

Is there a tool that can be used to edit wet racing lines for AI cars?

Best thing would be creating new AIW file but this require playing around with rFactor. The easier solution (but not always working as it should) is to set wet path to be the same as dry path. To do this you have to download this tool:

Load AIW into the program (file > load AIW (+CAM) file). Then go to WP_path. 2nd box to the right should have value of 0. Type 0.0* in there and hit enter. This will copy dry path values into wet path. After that save new AIW file.

Last edited:
Best thing would be creating new AIW file but this require playing around with rFactor. The easier solution (but not always working as it should) is to set wet path to be the same as dry path. To do this you have to download this tool:

Load AIW into the program (file > load AIW (+CAM) file). Then go to WP_path. 2nd box to the right should have value of 0. Type 0.0* in there and hit enter. This will copy dry path values into wet path. After that save new AIW file.

Thanks! I'll have a play around with it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back