Questions about the mod cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
As always i am a little late with installing mods, skins and safety cars but its on my system (i am ready :D)

A few questions though:

There was said that the mod cars were cloned from the GT Sport BMW and Corvette right?

How come the RPM's in the mod cars are not equal to the GT Sport cars? Does that have any effect on the performance.

Great job on the GTR2 soundfiles in the mod cars, they sound authentic again. Is there an option to put the GTR 2 BMW M3 GTR soundfiles on the GT Sport BMW in Evo as well?

The GTR2 soundfiles for the beemer sound a million times better then the fantasy sound the GT Sport beemer makes.

Is there an option to put the GTR 2 BMW M3 GTR soundfiles on the GT Sport BMW in Evo as well?

You can do that sure, but I don't know if it will cause mismatches in Evo, will have to test it out, but in GTR2 / rF you can't get mismatches with sound files so it should be the same.

The only thing I've never tried personally is doing sound modifications in Evo so am a bit clueless of how the default GT Sport BMW evo files are like as there invisible, can you see the files in the offline version though? ( never installed it before ) If you can would most likely just need to rename the Mod BMW sound file and put it where the default one would go in the online version and should work I guess.

as far as I know you can change the sound files no problem, we changed the porshe sound as being used to racing the 996 in gtr2 the engine revs very high and with the mods sound it didnt rev high enough so we were missing gears all the time, Tom moded the sound files so its more inline with what we were used to and it works fine

As always i am a little late with installing mods, skins and safety cars but its on my system (i am ready :D)

A few questions though:

There was said that the mod cars were cloned from the GT Sport BMW and Corvette right?

How come the RPM's in the mod cars are not equal to the GT Sport cars? Does that have any effect on the performance.

Great job on the GTR2 soundfiles in the mod cars, they sound authentic again. Is there an option to put the GTR 2 BMW M3 GTR soundfiles on the GT Sport BMW in Evo as well?

The GTR2 soundfiles for the beemer sound a million times better then the fantasy sound the GT Sport beemer makes.

they are very close but it looks like they used the offline cars to clone, it was a while ago that i looked and i think the vette's engine file that they used was an old one but it has so little difference it aint worth bothering with and all the tyres in the mod cars have slightly bigger radius than the originals. Cars used to clone were the marcus (porsche) and vette (ferrari)

Are you saying that the mod cars have less tyrewear than the in game cars?

Yes the mod cars are copies from the original cars before any patch was applied. Not sure why though.

And you can fiddle as much as you want with the sounds. I have done a few to cars where i don't like the sound of. Like the STC porsche which revs so much lower then the MOD is was copied from. Ferrari was even worse :) . Took me 2minutes to get the sound of the porsche like they should have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%