Questions about GTL install

need some help i purchased gtl after 5 hours got it to run but their is no sound from the cars their is music when you come out of quick race but when you go back to the track nothing any help appreciated thanks would like to sign up for the race if i can get some sound.

Nigel, have you ever successfully gone online with GTL? I ask cause I'm trying to narrow down the possible problems.
Also, do you have Windows 7?

I had this happen to me before. It was some files that had the extensions in CAPS and they had to be changed.

Do this...
Go to your GTL game directory, go inside the "GameData" folder and you will see a bunch of files with the extension ".gdb". If these files have the extension in CAPS, for example ".GDB", you need to change those extensions to small letters so that they read ".gdb".

If it doesn't solve the issue let me know and we will try something else.​

check your .GDB files. They need to be renamed to .gdb, ie change the upper case to lower case, and that should fix it. I actually run a little .cmd file to do this on startup of the game anyway so that automatically fixes that problem.

EDIT: NINJAED by Carlos :D

funny-pictures-ninja-skills-squirrel.jpg

:tongue:

Nigel, in the "Video" section, make sure the shadows are no higher than medium quality.
Then go into the "Advanced" section and make sure you de-select high resolution wheels and livery.
You can also select to have low resolution textures. This might help.

And you can also open "GTLConfig.exe" inside your GTL directory and choose DX7 and make sure the anti-aliasing is set to no more than 2.

These are my settings and the game still looks fine. Everything else in the VIDEO section could be set to medium levels.

Woah a minute.

In my old, feeble, addled state, I've kind of missed rather a large point here.

Nigel - you've bought GT Legends, so you've got the disc there. You have got Vista 32, and GTL runs flawlessly on Vista while using the disc, so why exactly are you getting into gdb file territory? You only need to get into that side if you're using W7.

All you need to do for Vista is install GT Legends, update starforce for Vista (here) and it works fine straight out of the box.

If I were you, I'd think about doing it the simplest way, tbh.

checked rf, race07, gtr2, gt evo ,they all have a mass of lag,deleted vid driver re-downloaded no joy for half a lap or so it will run smooth then lag comes back.just a thought if vid card is ok had lag on rf 6 weeks ago re-installed was ok untill now running nvidia 9500gt.gtl was running fine untill now if other games are affected any ideas guys.

If it's everything that affected, then yeah - the graphics card/driver combo looks to be the main suspect, unfort.

In the graphics settings, make sure you aren't loading the card up with high levels of things like Hi-res shadows, Antialiasing etc.

They can kill performance stone dead, and a lot of graphics settings set them up as on by default until you go in and disable them.

Don't know if you tried this, but uninstall the drivers again, then use DRIVER SWEEPER to make sure it's completely removed. Also, check your AV isn't causing probs, the one time I tried Norton it slowed all my games to a crawl.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back