Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Use the Lite version for a while and get familiar with it (the ADDITIONAL features Content Manager provides over the Kunos launcher are mind boggling and very hard to understand in a short time of use).

Once you think you want to keep using Content Manager go and get the full version. It is CONSTANTLY developed and new features added - Ilja (the maker of CM) does deserve any financial support for the incredible work he has done with Content Manager.

The problem with going back is that AC's own launcher is so broken. It won't load at startup if you have too many cars*skins installed. While using CM you will usually install more mods than the original launcher can take.

I'm thinking of installing Content Manager for AC, but have a few questions first.

1. I understand that there's a free "lite" version and a paid version. What's the difference between the two?

2. Are there any known problems in AC that are caused by installing Content Manager?

3. If problems do crop up, what's involved with getting back to using AC's native UI?

4. Does anyone have a download link?

Thanks!

I see that your post is a week old, so maybe you already know this, but I'd highly recommend giving the developer a few bucks. CM is a complete game changer and makes AC go from a good sim to a great sim. I wish the guys at Studio 397 would take some notes, because the CM dev puts them to shame.

Content manager has transformed the entire game for me. Not only the ability to have more cars and tracks than the original UI allowed but having multiple skins for each tracks is an added bonus. The new CM shaders patch that is currently in development will allow 24hr day/night cycle, rain and CPU/GPU optimisations. I highly recommend this program. You won’t regret it.

Like as said a million times, CM is a must. It transforms AC into a whole new experience.
Anyways, lots of vids on it, but this thoroughly goes through CM, its an hour, so it is what it is. Skip the intro of AC.
And its still hardly not everything CM does.

There are four new apps I found in Content Manager Settings/ Assetto Corsa/ Apps as follows: (i) Shaders Extension Debug, (ii) Shaders Extension Mirrors, (iii) ACC Ext Rain, and (iv) Shaders Extension Weather FX. Do I activate all or some of them? Thanks.

Has anyone ever experienced this message before and if so how do i fix this? has to be the most frustrating this since un-sliced bread

Trying to launch CM, it comes up with 2 text boxes.

1st reading
Assetto Corsa root folder : then has the steam directory, stating that the acs.exe is missing when i'm 100 percent sure it's there and not quarantined or anything as such. I'd just verified the cache and done the basic fault finding mission but cannot get it to load.

2nd text box states Steam ID for online and is fine.

Help please, Oh yeah just installed VRC Formula NA 2018 mods, does this have known compatible issues?

Kind Regards

Swiss.
****.jpg

I guess it doesn't find AC in the default directory. Click "change" and manually search for your AC folder (for example I have it on my D:/ drive).

Everything compatible with AC is compatible with CM. CM has an even wider area of compatibility, there are stuff that work only with CM. No worries there.

Installed CM yesterday...hmm its so strange and confusing LoL.1.How can I delete all oponents at once?Im getting crazy here haha also where is my custom assists profile?2.How to try new AI mode flood its activated in CM/Shader but I can see any new AI options in Trackday mode and track is longer then 7kms...3.Had fun with rain for few hours now its not worhing hahaa does it work with AC exe or just CM?LoL Thanks and sorry for noobism...

I like the idea of easy removal as described at step 3, however i've noticed that some mods (eg. longford 67 track) doesn't have the option "install as mod" available??? :confused:

EDIT: Actually no track has this, so i guess that's just the way it is?

3:Left click on a downloaded file and drag it onto any unused space in the CM window and drop it. (IE no words, no images just empty space) This is what it looks like. Now you can just click install and everything should work fine. However, I personally always check the areas in blue so that if I decide to uninstall it's really easy to.

Last edited:
I'm new at using Content Manager (full version). I'm trying to run a race against the AI and have been unsuccessful so far. The message at screen lower-left shows the track being loaded, then cars one-by-one --- but it stops then and I get a screen saying "Race Canceled".

Can someone explain why I can't get a race against AI to work for me? Is there a setting that I need to adjust somewhere?

FWIW - I'm running in WMR (VR) and practicing alone on the same track(s) works fine.

Thanks!

Recently, my replays aren't loading in Content Manager. I'm not certain why, because they've all worked before. It goes to the loading screen, loads up the track and all the cars, but then it just crashes back to the menu. Is anyone else having this problem, or knows what I can do to fix it?

Same issue. I have the file size maxed out in replay settings, but only can retrieve replays for races that I quit out of after a lap or two, and practice sessions. Anything of any length/time crashes out. I haven't had time to kick it around yet, but glad to see I'm not alone.

Well, now I can get the replays to work. The issue I am having currently is that the saved replays do not have the shader applied. If you hit escape in the session and select replay from that menu (the legacy Resume/Back to Pits/Replay/Exit pop up), the race will replay and the day to night shading progresses as in the race. If I select the replay in "content" then the race does replay, but everything appears as mid-day - no change in lighting, no clouds/weather effects that were appearing in the race and the replay in-session. I'm sure I have something checked wrong somewhere, but as of right now I don't know why my saved replays do not have Sol applied.

FWIW I have Ultra (64 Hz) checked for quality. That hasn't been a problem before, and it's not when replaying in the session, just on saved content.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 398 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 268 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 256 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 186 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 314 12.9%