Questions About Content Manager

newbert

500RPM
Original poster
Premium
Feb 17, 2018
I'm thinking of installing Content Manager for AC, but have a few questions first.

1. I understand that there's a free "lite" version and a paid version. What's the difference between the two?

2. Are there any known problems in AC that are caused by installing Content Manager?

3. If problems do crop up, what's involved with getting back to using AC's native UI?

4. Does anyone have a download link?

Thanks!

Jason Mullin

500RPM
Mar 3, 2018
I'm thinking of installing Content Manager for AC, but have a few questions first.

1. I understand that there's a free "lite" version and a paid version. What's the difference between the two?

2. Are there any known problems in AC that are caused by installing Content Manager?

3. If problems do crop up, what's involved with getting back to using AC's native UI?

Thanks!
1. Paid version allows the app to download mods
2. I've run into no problems it's much faster, love it.
3. Just delete it the original launcher remains .
4. https://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html

newbert

500RPM
Original poster
Premium
Feb 17, 2018
Thanks Jason!

I assume that the free version still allows mods to be installed in the "usual" way?

Edit: I went ahead and installed the "lite" version. Very impressive!

I see that "Challenges" also are only available in the paid version. What exactly are these "challenges"?

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Dirk Steffen

Porsche Factory Jackass™
Premium
Jul 30, 2016
Use the Lite version for a while and get familiar with it (the ADDITIONAL features Content Manager provides over the Kunos launcher are mind boggling and very hard to understand in a short time of use).

Once you think you want to keep using Content Manager go and get the full version. It is CONSTANTLY developed and new features added - Ilja (the maker of CM) does deserve any financial support for the incredible work he has done with Content Manager.

dud

500RPM
Premium
Nov 23, 2016
The problem with going back is that AC's own launcher is so broken. It won't load at startup if you have too many cars*skins installed. While using CM you will usually install more mods than the original launcher can take.

Slowdive

250RPM
Oct 28, 2017

Thanks!
I see that your post is a week old, so maybe you already know this, but I'd highly recommend giving the developer a few bucks. CM is a complete game changer and makes AC go from a good sim to a great sim. I wish the guys at Studio 397 would take some notes, because the CM dev puts them to shame.

Reactions: Vic Flange

katikomer

100RPM
Apr 17, 2014
Content manager has transformed the entire game for me. Not only the ability to have more cars and tracks than the original UI allowed but having multiple skins for each tracks is an added bonus. The new CM shaders patch that is currently in development will allow 24hr day/night cycle, rain and CPU/GPU optimisations. I highly recommend this program. You won’t regret it.

CreamyCornCob

500RPM
Oct 23, 2018
Like as said a million times, CM is a must. It transforms AC into a whole new experience.
Anyways, lots of vids on it, but this thoroughly goes through CM, its an hour, so it is what it is. Skip the intro of AC.
And its still hardly not everything CM does.

Reactions: WPxNJ

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
May 21, 2013
In CM, in the categories tab, we have a menu that say "series"
How do we remove or add cars to those series?
Screenshot (5).png

CreamyCornCob

500RPM
Oct 23, 2018
In CM, in the categories tab, we have a menu that say "series"
How do we remove or add cars to those series?
Hey Cote, its adding or removing tags under the car from your example. Also it seems to sort by the actual file name because some of my WTCR cars don't have the WTCR tag but do have it in the file name of the car.
Kinda confusing.

Reactions: Cote Dazur