Questions about Clubsports V3 pedals

Hi.

I'm using a G29 pedals but I intend to buy a Fanatec Clubsport V3. But I have some doubts.

It seems there is a mod to make the V3 brake even better. Is it a must? Or the stock V3 brakes are already very good?

Does the V3 get dirty inside too easily? This is a problem I face three or four times a year with the G29 pedals: they start glitching due to the dust that gets in it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I agree with James, stock V3 are very soft, 100% order the performance kit. You will not regret buying the V3s over the G29s. I have had my V3s for a week and I am approx 0.5 sec faster everywhere over the G29( I had the axc-sim mod too) Also, I am far more consistent, approx 10-20 secs faster per 20 min race

Upvote 0
Depending on how hard you want the pedal you can also replace the comp kit rubbers with something solid — I bought a 20mm x 12mm dia steel dowel pin and use it along with the 13mm green rubber — cuts the throw in half and makes a really firm pedal.

Upvote 0
I had the Clubsport V3 pedals for some years and I really enjoyed them. I never purchased any kit for them because I never felt I needed it. They are really comfortable, precise and nice to use. The change from my old G25 pedals to the Fanatecs was much much satisfying than the change from the Fanatecs to my HE Sprints.

Upvote 0
I have the inverted set which adds in the hydraulic damper on the brake. Do not think it includes the upgraded rubber plugs though. Not 100% satisfied with the throw and feel. May order the performance kit and switch the brake's hydraulic cylinder over to the gas pedal per SimRacingGarage's set-up.

Upvote 0
Yes, James, I'll try it without the mod and then decide what to do. G29 brake is hard, and I'm used to it. So probably in the end I'll want the V3 mod.

Thanks for posting the video, Fennario, I'm going to watch it.

Upvote 0
Yes, James, I'll try it without the mod and then decide what to do. G29 brake is hard, and I'm used to it. So probably in the end I'll want the V3 mod.

Thanks for posting the video, Fennario, I'm going to watch it.

Waiting may cost you. If I remember correctly the extra shipping cost when adding the BPK to the V3 order for me was ~$1. When I received the pedals I decided I wanted the Brake Performance Kit, so ordered, and the shipping when ordered on its own was ~$12. Costing me $42 instead of $31.

Upvote 0
I just hope that, after this investment, I can be at least a 0.100 faster driver.

I am already ULTRA FAST with my glitching G29 full of dust. With a load cell brake, I expect to finally become an alien.

Just kidding...:D

Upvote 0
Performance kit essential. Pedals need regular dusting ( at least my accelerator does ) or it'll start spiking, I guess I might have a slightly dodgy sensor though ( quite how a hall sensor starts spiking because of crud buildup I have absolutely no idea ). Just blowing any accumulated crud out seems to work, it's not like cleaning a pot. Fanatec support are very enthusiastic, I wish I could comfortably say the same of their QA...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The performance kit is a MUST on the brake.
The hydraulic is an OK addition to the throttle pedal. The V3.0 throttle was way too soft for my taste.
That said I started with the V3.0's and BPK and used them a bit over a year without problem.

Upvote 0
What about if the hydraulic is already on the brake (V3 Inverted). Would you:

1. Leave as-is
2. Add performance kit w/ hydraulic
3. Add performance kit and move hydraulic to gas.

Upvote 0
@Fennario - it depends what throw you end up with. If you like some throw then the hydraulic kit feels nice to me - more like a proper brake pedal. If you end up going with the hardest settings or with a metal spacer in there then the hydraulic doesn’t make as much sense.

I haven’t tried moving it to the throttle - mostly because the throttle pedal feels like a real throttle pedal to me (throttles aren’t hydraulic)

The other thing for new V3 owners having just opened the box — switch over to the two heavier springs straight off. The ones that come installed are a bit weak.

Upvote 0
I bought a set of V3's that included brake performance kit and a dampener kit.
I ended up selling the dampener kit. but you won't pry my performance kit from my cold dead fingers.
Yes, they're very necessary.
Without it, there's just too much softness in the brake pedal...

Upvote 0
I Immediately switched to the stronger springs. The throttle and clutch were still both too weak for my taste. I could never feel the clutch let off and the throttle was too easy to floor

The BPK is important typically one green and one red insert to get a decent progressive feel on the brake.

I never put the hydraulic cylinder on the throttle, but anything to help smooth out a gradual increase in throttle coming off a trail brake should be helpful. I think that's what Barry did.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back