Question: Which Series Would You Most Like to See Made into a Sim?

Any of IMSA, WEC, Indycar, SuperGT, Super Formula, not to mention a number of other series, would be great. The point, though, is it needs to be a proper simulation of the whole series, which is something we've really been missing in sims of late. Having only a few tracks on which any given car actually races isn't that much fun.

ACC could have done it right, but they've totally missed by not having the safety car, pitcrews, etc., not to mention all the other issues.

IRacing in many cases has a large percentage of the cars and tracks for a given series, but they don't actually use them in their official series. Instead they give you Indycar at Monza or F3 at Montreal - I don't get it.

Oh you got it in the picture. Supercars.

But more than that, I want a game that honours more of the longer history of the ATCC up to what is now the modern day V8SC, or i suppose VASC if we have to call it that now.

For me, to see some Brock, Seton, Fury, Bowe, Johnson, Grice, Perkins, Richards, Moffat, way too many other names to mention, on my leaderboard would be amazing.

Also, I know I don't ask for much so while we're at it, why not chuck in all the support categories too including Aussie racing cars, touring car masters and let's even chuck Stadium Super Trucks in too, pretend CAMS didn't make a stupid decision in dropping them.

Last edited:
The problem with this sort of question is it's a bit of a "sweet shop" style scenario, which do you pick first! :laugh:

I think at the top would be Indycar, simply because it's building momentum again, grids are good and very few of the tracks are officially included in sims. It's the right time for it to have it's own title.

Then IMSA, again because it's largely ignored. Would be so great to have a full season, day/night, weather. I'm still surprised that DPi hasn't officially featured in any PC base sims yet. I've yet to try the AMS mod, looks good though.

I'm pretty glad that ACC has appeared, it shows any prospective studios that there is a market for a single championship based game/sim still.

A WEC/ELMS based sim. WEC has the big factory teams, but ELMS has the larger grids and possibly is easier to re-create by a studio.

It's a shame that Sector3 can no longer produce the DTM seasons, they did a very job of it and the experiences were also pretty good too (just a shame they were dropped). I still race on them now.

In fairness there are dozens of championships that deserve their own title (I'm a huge fan of SuperGT as well), so I'm not surprised that there have been so many replies.

• Australian V8 Supercar
  • DTM/SuperGT
  • Indycar
  • IMSA
i also like TCR , i mean people race there with their wife and even crashing to them like here lol
and the guy was pissed because of a three way with his wife and his teammate lol that should be entertaining serie in sim too

Either:
Indycar complete series
Blancpain American GT Series
A newer GPL classics series game - love the older tracks I know there are mods like for AC, but make a dedicated game. Look online how many tracks have been made for original GPL.

Would love anything with American tracks. Everything so far has been international. We have them enough already.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 109 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 82 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 114 13.4%