Question Time: Your Favourite Track Not in a Sim

@Ryno917 Why Montreal should be terrible to drive ? :) It provides very good flow actually. Never had a race apart against AI there. Would be interesting.

rF2 has Montreal, but it is so outdated, that it could as well be considered as not really there, even though it is drivable, and you can have a good race.

iR has Montreal, but not everybody has that much money for iR lol

Circuit Mont Tremblant (St. Jovite). Brilliant, beautiful place. Shame it gets no love anymore (in real life, either).

If we're being pedantic and elitist about what we call a racing sim, Montreal, as well. It's a circuit that should be terrible to drive, but I still enjoy it and it often provides for a great race.

As an anglo, kinda mad that my two top choices are in Quebec (har har!). Fine, I'll add Westwood as well. Before the current residential/golf course makeover, of course.

I agree : this track was present on Grid Autosport in its historic version : a great lot of fun, in Touring Cars or Muscle Cars! :thumbsup:

The three S's:
Sebring, Spa, Salzburgring
And of course Laguna Seca and of coursecoursecourse "The Mother"...
Sebring=RF2, Spa=Really?, Laguna Seca=same as Spa. Guys, please
read the topic question carefully.
Would love to see Cleveland, St.Pete and Mid Ohio (besides NASCAR
Heat) in a modern Sim. I don't know if any of them already exists for
IRacing but i want to race on them offline anyway.

Sebring=RF2, Spa=Really?, Laguna Seca=same as Spa. Guys, please
read the topic question carefully.
Would love to see Cleveland, St.Pete and Mid Ohio (besides NASCAR
Heat) in a modern Sim. I don't know if any of them already exists for
IRacing but i want to race on them offline anyway.
Mid Ohio is in RF2, Iracing and RaceRoom

Fiorano! Official Ferrari test track but only PC2 has it. Not the most exciting layout but I'd love to take the F2004 out there and pretend I'm Michael Schumacher.

Area 27 - British Columbia, Canada
Toronto Exhibition Circuit
Circuito de Potrero de los funes - looks amazing
Magny Cours
Riverside - attended races there as a teen!
Kyalami - modern layout

View attachment 302206
Tell us what track you'd really like to see added to a modern racing sim...

Sim racing is going through a golden period at the moment with plenty of great games available to try, but despite the depth of quality, not everything in the world of motorsport has been covered off across the board.. making me wonder, what is your favourite circuit that hasn't been represented in a modern racing simulation?

Now I know we've had loads of tracks courtesy of the many talented modding folks, but I'm talking about first party, original content here.

So, what track hasn't been included in a modern sim, but you'd love to drive.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Montreal

Anglesey! This track was used as Fifth Gear test track if I'm correct
Anglesey-Circuit1.jpg

Actually quite disappointed about lack of interest in classics on the official level. But it will only get less and less relevant.

For me problem is if you take the 11 layouts in GPL they are no different in layout, cambers and elevation in other sims 20 years later.........oldtimers who were at the tracks real time will tell you there is inaccuracy yet pCars for one carried on with same inaccuracies 15 years later.... hey rFactor2 as well ..yeah

Belgium which is in my top 10 all time ...it is still wrong in rF2, the new version in GPL is more realistic
Kemmel straight kink had camber and you couldn't straight line it like you can in rF2

Just load GPL and new Spa, sticks out like a sore thumb compared to all other versions

GPL Rouen is another, turn 1 is wrong again from people were actually there yet the same inaccuracy is in pCars. Rouen does not matter what sim what mod version it is the same GPL layout / elevation

When I said F1C VLM Rouen gave GPL no credit for the basic map I was banned lol
Show me where it is different and I will show you a pig can fly

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 213 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years