Question Time: Your Favourite Track Not in a Sim

I'll just quote two games now. RaceRoom needs more tracks. Automobilista (although already closed) is what i most play.

RaceRoom
Monza 1967
Spa 1967
Interlagos
Indianapolis oval
Watkins Glen (all layouts)
Pocono

AMS
Monza 1967 (I use a mod without much quality)
Spa 1967 (I use a mod without much quality)

I haven't seen this track even being used in real life for ages: Inje Speedium in South Korea. It hosted the Asian Le Mans series for a few seasons but they haven't gone back there in years. I hope they go back someday, it looks like a fun layout

(full onboard lap starts at 7:45)

The 7.4mi/11.9km Dundrod road circuit in Northern Ireland.

It has a great history having played host to names such as Moss, Fangio, Hawthorn, Von Trips , Carroll Shelby etc during the 50's as well as being home to the current Dundrod MC/Ulster GP motorcycle races.

To quote Clerk of the Course Noel Johnston: “My key message for everyone, but specifically newcomers, is that Dundrod is an extremely fast and technical circuit which must be treated with respect, and that means doing a serious amount of groundwork before taking your place on the grid."

I appreciate that a couple of older mod creations exist for various sims but a professional laser scan would be the stuff of dreams!

I'll just quote two games now. RaceRoom needs more tracks.
RaceRoom
Interlagos
Watkins Glen (all layouts)
I fully agree with you in this.
Or maybe at least Watkins Glen Boot (without chicane) should be mandatory for any racing game considered a sim.
OH and the real historic Silverstone that only iRacing have because they were lucky to scan it before it was destroyed.:poop:

Silverstone 1991-93 historic.jpg

It is ironical how no one has mentioned Thruxton. It is great track.

I was also wonderign if there ever was 1975-1986 Brno ? Not First party, but third party... btw what is second party then ? :D

Circuit Mont Tremblant (St. Jovite). Brilliant, beautiful place. Shame it gets no love anymore (in real life, either).

If we're being pedantic and elitist about what we call a racing sim, Montreal, as well. It's a circuit that should be terrible to drive, but I still enjoy it and it often provides for a great race.

As an anglo, kinda mad that my two top choices are in Quebec (har har!). Fine, I'll add Westwood as well. Before the current residential/golf course makeover, of course.

Great mentions already in the thread, I'm going to go with the Montjuïc circuit, myself. If for no other reason than I've lived right by the Montjuïc for a few months, I love the area, and would love to be able to race there. Also, I really enjoy tracks with a lot of elevation changes, and this would have plenty.
Circuit_MontjuichPark.png

montjuic_73-1680x720.jpg

I've tried a mod version converted to Automobilista and... well, it would need some updating to get up to current standards, I'd say.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back