Question Time: The Track You Didn't Appreciate Until Driving It In A Sim

I think it has to be the Autódromo do Algarve for me, it's so much fun to drive with its elevation changes, and I barely knew of its existence before I got Project Cars 2. Now I love it!

I find myself liking Road Atlanta more and more after having watched races there without understanding how technical it is. Trying to keep the car planted over the crest at turn 2/3 is a never ending challenge. Truthfully they are all surprising and engaging in their own way. Laying down practice laps by yourself at Daytona is a snooze, but racing a full grid changes things dramatically and makes the set-up all the more important.

For me it has to be either Bathurst or Long Beach. I remember Bathurst from a couple games growing up and hating it and Long Beach always seemed like just another boring street circuit to me. After driving the tracks on Forza, Rfactor and Race 07 they are easily 2 of my favourites in the world. I don't know what it is, maybe the narrow walls punishing you for small mistakes, but I love racing around them

Same. I love Long Beach in Project Cars 2. Such a fun little and challenging street track.

• Deleted member 503495

Sebring, Road America, Daytona Road Course, Jacarepaguá, Riverside, 1990s-2000s Silverstone (better for virtual racing than real racing).

Hmm for me everyone couse i don`t like watching people race, I`m a racer baby :D

Bathurst can be one example, it`s horrible to watch it but... now it`s my most beloved and special track for testing anything. ahh I remeber how we first meet in rf2 whit Stockcar(for some reason)

It really depends on car you drive, I never really liked autodrom most, because I thought Brno is the real deal, but after driving it in r3e and also in AC, I really like it, has some cool flow
Making Brno quite boring

Fully agree with COTA, I was too simple minded and just thought it looks like a parking lot so it must be crap, same kinda goes with paul ricard however im not as big of a fan as I am of COTA. In a downforce car especially COTA is phenomenal imo. I mainly race LMP1 in iRacing which is amazing there and the same goes for the indycar which ive run a few times there too.

Last edited:
Didn’t even know about it category:
Arctic Circle Raceway aka Mo I Rana (still rF1 only I believe)
Goiania (AMS)

Aware of the track, but just like driving it way more than I thought I would:
Baku

Vallelunga.
I saw many touring races on tv there, and the whole track looked pretty dull, particularly the last slow section.
To be honest it's not that I love it now, but some corners are not that trivial as it looked.

Even being the massive NASCAR fan I am, Michigan International Speedway was always really unassuming to me. It's just another 2 mile D-Shaped Oval that isn't nearly as difficult as its sister track, Auto Club. At least, that's what I thought until I tried it on NR2003.

It is such a tricky track to get down. 220 MPH into turn 1 and at least 212 into turn 3, only ever slowing down to about the mid-170s, all while having to avoid the entire bottom lane because it has less banking while still having to use that lane occasionally to pass. There's only 1 lane you really can use, the middle lane. The bottom lane has little banking to hold the car and you lose more time than you gain despite taking a shorter line around the corner. Get any higher than the middle lane, and the only thing your tires are touching is dust and marbles and now you're spinning or hitting the wall.

Again, growing up as a NASCAR fan, I know how hard ovals can be. But even Michigan caught me off-guard with how deceptively tricky it is.

Portland
220px-Portland_international_raceway.svg.png

True love. Blame it on the CART Precision racing. :inlove:
A lot of people (even here) think that driving on an oval is just turning left 2 times a lap
I agree. Sometimes it's turn left three times, sometimes even four. :D
On more serious note... love ovals too. I think my favorites (again CART Precision racing - note my avatar - speaking through me here) are Gateway, Miami Homestead...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back