Question Time: The Track You Didn't Appreciate Until Driving It In A Sim

There was a bunch of tracks I barely knew existed before driving them in simulators but in the interest of being on topic and to keep this short.

Nürburgring GP, growing up about the only thing I heard about this track was disappointment the race wasn't ran on the Nords instead. And while I can certainly understand the sentiment, the GP circuit is a good track in it's own right and racing it in sims is always a good time.

I will not be original after reading the comments. My latest discovery was Misano which I hated after it had appeared in ACC but later I got the points of the track and now it is one of my favorites. It's easy to learn but it remains challenging to battle, multiple chances to overtake someone, interesting braking points, and variety of fast and slow turns.
And VIR. I drove at it in Automobilista and now it's my choice when I don't know which track to use.
I guess I can say that I stop loving Nurburgring GP circuit. I hate the first sector in every game where this track is existing.

Road Atlanta and Watkins Glen, not really seen anything about them before racing here but they've been my two most successful circuits to date, fantastic, flowing courses that are great fun to drive.

Like others I really dislike driving at Silverstone, not really suited to GT cars I feel.

Okayama. Didn't expect it to be that great, it quickly became one of my favourite tracks!

On the other hand, I've always considered Barcelona to be kinda poor... and the more I try it, the worse it gets.

Difficult as there are so many tracks you don't fully appreciate until you drive them in a sim. But if I have to choose one it has to be the Nordschleife in Grand Prix Legends. You have to bear in mind this was the first time the track appeared in a sim. I don't think I'd even heard of it before. This was before the days of the Ring in Gran Turismo. Before it became a regular on Top Gear and we all got to know Sabine Schmitz.

I have to admit in GPL it was only a partial appreciation - it was so hard to just drive round it let alone race. I don't think I fully appreciated it until it appeared as a mod track for GT Legends and I could tackle it in something slower like a Mini Cooper.

I'm sure many will say the same, but the Nordschleife.

I'd seen copious videos of onboard laps from real life, but it wasn't until I first drove it in NFS Shift that I really had an appreciation for it. Then it came out in Assetto Corsa a few years later which took things to a whole new level!

Even though im not a big oval guy i have to agree with some here that i found it funnier than i thought it was going to be. Zooming up behind another car, get draft and push pass them is really fun. Also defending and planning how to actually win so you dont give draft at someone on the finishing stretch. :D Not my fav but definitely funnier than i thought. Also those semi ovals with really powerful cars where you have to be careful and manage the trottle in order to get the fastest laptimes is also fun - even though i thought it would be a bore. :)

I'll be the odd man out and claim Baku. On paper it looks like a bunch of 90° corners, and you would be right. But, each one is different, with different track widths at entry and exit. Turn 1 has got to be the fastest 90 on the calendar. Turn 2 has a quite narrow exit. Turns 5 and 6 are basically a chicane.

The old city section is a serious challenge to get even close to right. I've run a hundred different lines through there and still feel I can improve. And the approach to 15 is blind, guessing your turn entry on the walls. The home straight is flat out, but the kinks can still get you. Overall a very difficult but fun lap when you get it right.

For me it's Brazilians tracks from Automobilista, never seen these tracks in a sim, like Goiania, Velopark, Tarumã, and all from stock v8 schedule.
Always watched Stocar Car Brasil races, and always wanted to run on these tracks.... And thanks to Reiza made it possible.:)

the Brazilian's famous tracks in some sim, are Interlagos and Curitiba, that I remember.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.4%