Question on tyres on GTR2

Hi, i bought GTR2 and I am enjoying it, at the moment i studied the best settings for the wheel and how to apply mods etc.

I have questions about tyres (sorry for my bad english):

- is there a place where i "select" the tyres to use in "qualify" and in the "race" or are there automatically selected by the game ?

- the circuit becomes faster (more grip) near the end of qualify session because of more “tyre rubber” on the track ? so if I make my "fast" at the end of the qualify session should I have more grip on the track ?
- my tyres becomes more “grippy” after 2-4 laps in the qualify session or no difference ?
I see that when i "start" a new championship i can define if the tyres degrade or not during the race; that parameter will manage the qualify session tyres too ?
Last question: the "tyres" management is defined in the "engine" or could be changed in the mod by the modder ?

- is there a place where i "select" the tyres to use in "qualify" and in the "race" or are there automatically selected by the game ?
Both. If you don't specify it, GTR2 will assign tires for you. Default is Medium on all four.
But in the set-up screen, you can alter this before moving onto the track.
You can also have several set-ups saved for each car/track combo, and load whichever you need.
I usually have a race set-up, and a qualify set-up, with the qualifying one having higher camber, softer tires and less fuel.

- the circuit becomes faster (more grip) near the end of qualify session because of more “tyre rubber” on the track ? so if I make my "fast" at the end of the qualify session should I have more grip on the track ?
Nope. Dynamic tracks isn't a part of GTR2, it doesn't change during a session.
The temperatures might change from session to session, and if you're doing endurance racing, it'll also change over the race itself.
But the track as such stays the same.

- my tyres becomes more “grippy” after 2-4 laps in the qualify session or no difference ?
They do. It usually takes 3-4 laps for the tires to get up to working temperature.
My qualifying set-up usually has 7 laps of fuel in it. Outlap, 3 laps to warm the tires, 2 fast laps, and an in-lap.

I see that when i "start" a new championship i can define if the tyres degrade or not during the race; that parameter will manage the qualify session tyres too ?
Yes. Tire-wear applies to all sessions of the championship.

Last question: the "tyres" management is defined in the "engine" or could be changed in the mod by the modder ?
Haven't a clue.
Never did any modding, so... :)

Actually GTR2 does feature dynamic tracks. The track rubbers in over the race weekend. The grip difference over a qualifying session will be small. Only the original tracks have livetrack - add-on tracks don't.

Wear rates are defined in the tyre file, though how grip varies with wear is hard coded.

i am having problems with the LMP2s in Le Mans....the rear tyres get hotter at max speed and by the time i reach the start line they become red....the only time they cool down is during braking.....on the contrary, Rebellion R13 front tyres cool down at full speed in the straights..... -__-
Untitled.png

you've got easy and hard way :
- hard : edit tyres temp of all your cars to limit high temperatures, not complicated but very long work because it requires many tests to find good values for each compound for a same tyr file and to repeat that for all cars.

- easy : takes 2 seconds, open le mans track gdb and reduce
RearTireHeatMult=0.9 or 0.8
save file, finished :)

• Deleted member 13397

offtopic question

what hinders add on tracks to have livetrack feat as the vanila once ?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back