Question on Premium membership

I'm looking into the Premium Membership option, and have a few question:

The part I'm interested in is:

• Take a full 60 minute driving school lesson with a private instructor to improve your online racing skills in a racing game of your choice.
Does those lesson help? I mean in iRacing I can get around 3 secs of the pole time (those are around in the 1500-2000 iRating range) , does the lesson help, or it's just a basic things?

What timezone are those lesson?

Is it the things that can use one in a lifetime only?

Thanks

Hi @Michael Dao

Thanks for your interest. We are currently offering a basic driving school covering the following topics.
  • How to brake
  • How to shift
  • How to accelerate
  • How to corner
  • How to understand the behavior of your car
  • How to prepare yourself
The goal is to shave off a couple of seconds of your lap time when you are new to racing. Can't guarantee that will happen to everybody but so far everybody has shown dramatic improvements.

The driver academy is open to everybody with an active annual sub.

Maybe @Boby Kim @Ricardo Umans or @Jonathan Brouwer can tell you how they experienced their last course with us.

One session should be more than enough. Our casual racing club events are another place where you can learn and improve among friends and helpful staff.

Hi @Michael Dao

Thanks for your interest. We are currently offering a basic driving school covering the following topics.
  • How to brake
  • How to shift
  • How to accelerate
  • How to corner
  • How to understand the behavior of your car
  • How to prepare yourself
The goal is to shave off a couple of seconds of your lap time when you are new to racing. Can't guarantee that will happen to everybody but so far everybody has shown dramatic improvements.

The driver academy is open to everybody with an active annual sub.

Maybe @Boby Kim @Ricardo Umans or @Jonathan Brouwer can tell you how they experienced their last course with us.

One session should be more than enough. Our casual racing club events are another place where you can learn and improve among friends and helpful staff.
It is very usefull indeed. For me as a bit experienced driver, I really got some great tips as well. I was used to driving like I did, late braking, didn't know what coasting a car is and how usefull and especially simple it is, throttle blipping to prevent lock ups when releasing the brakes etc. In the end I managed to shape off 7 seconds from my laptimes I did when setting a benchmark in that school (2:18.6 at the start, 2:16.2 at the end of the session, 2:11.4 after 20 more laps of practicing in offline ultimate conditions) which is just over 3 seconds slower than the WR is. Those final tenths and seconds are a matter of putting in thousands of laps and also setting up the car.
Not only I got faster on the practiced combo, but I improved my driving overall steadily.

Basically this driving school got me closer to the front of the races and I was not lapped once since then. Not just to you @Michael Dao , but to everybody, you should really try it if you want to find seconds you thought you'd never find. ;)

And last but certainly not least, it wasn't only usefull, it was fun and we had a great time together!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 169 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 452 39.2%