Question: Is there a way to put app screen data like Delta or Basic on a button?

I would like to toggle some apps on and off during a hotlap or a race.
Is it possible to bind them to a wheel button or switch or even a keyboard key so I can toggle them on or off? I dont want to get distracted by them being there all the time and I dont want to have to go to the pits to turn them on or off for another stint. Thanks.

I second Rick on this. It would be great to have a single button to toggle individual apps or even a group of apps to display and disappear at once.

The other option of course is to use an ios or android app for telemetry but of course that doesn't cover all app types and is more expense and requires more gadgets.

The only keyboard shortcut that comes close to that is "Ctrl+h", which turns all of the apps on screen off and on when you press it.
I could be wrong, but I don't think there's currently a way out there to shut off particular apps through a hotkey.

But, perhaps someday :)

Using the mouse requires the hands leaving the wheel and moving the mouse to the app location on the screen and clicking vs I just wanted a wheel button poke. Even CNTL-H you have to find the 2 keys. Both are possible but just not the perfect solution.

Marian Zelenka,
Could you tell us what I did wrong with JoyToKey?
It is a bit cryptic to a 1st time user.
I installed it. Created a AC profile.
Then I see tabs Joystick 1, Joystick 2 and options. I dont have a joystick but it says 1 is detected.
Guessing that joystick 1 Is this my Thrustmaster wheel, ( Joytokey window shows 32 buttons and some stick and POV which I dont know what these are. Clearly more than what the Thrustmaster has including pedals.)
I wanted to use button 3 on the wheel and map it to CNTL-H on the keyboard.
So I poked button 3 in JoytoKey 1 tab window.
I put L-Cntl in the 1st and 2nd column 1st cell of Keyboard emulation (CHOOSE ONE FUNCTION)
for Keyboard2. And I put H in the 2nd cell (row) column 1 and 1
I see for Joystick 1 Button 3 says
L-Cntl, H ==> L-Cntl, H.
In note pad I do get the correct response for button 3 as CNTL-H which is find replace
for each poke of button 3 . But in AC it takes extra pokes of button 3 to get CNTL-H to toggle.

I also tried the Switch based on time held. Takes 2 pokes in AC to get a change.
Suggestions on what I am doing wrong. I want a toggle when I press button 3
One poke off, another poke on.
Not poke off, poke nothing, poke on.

Sure wish I could direct this at on AC app vs all.

I double click with mouse on "Button 3" and "Keyboard" tab appears (not the "Keyboard 2"). Then I see four fields under "Keyboard emulation : Basic". Then click on the first field and press "left Ctrl". Then click on the second field and press "H". Press OK and you are done.

Then it indeed works as you want it : off - on - off - on - ...

Yes, I wish they allow us to customise more things, but for now it's quite good workaround.

BTW I also mapped ABS and TC for my buttons.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%