Question in 3DsMax

L

LStone

• LStone

I am building my grandstands and for the most part all is well. The problem I am having is on the railing along the edge of the stands. I want each poly to be a separate poly so that each one has its own texture (railing). The problem I am having is when I try to apply the same texture to the next poly it is basically stetching the texture. How do I make each poly separate from the next. When I look at an ISI track in Simed I see where for there railings (polys) are a box with basically 4 ploys inside. Thanks in advance for any help guys.

Try adding a UVW mapping modifier & mess with the UVW settings as in the pic.
Personally i like to do au Unwrap UVW map for the whole object so that all my textures are on one file.
If you need a hand doing that, just holler & i will try to help as best i can.

Cheers

Attachments

• UVW.jpg
    UVW.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 323
  • LStone

Also one more question, it's been awhile since I've done it but how do you open your BTB made track in 3dsMax? I have the GMotor2Tools installed and I have done it before, it's just been awhile.

There a at least 2 ways how to export track from BTB to 3dsmax:
1. Export to direct x. You will need direct x importer for max
2. Export for rfactor in BTB. Open with 3dsimed and export as 3ds. Import into max.

cheers

Only place I could find it was on RSC which is down, so have attached what I've got here.

Extract the file in the zip attached, into your 3dmax/Scripts/Startup folder. I think you need to have the ISI tools from rfactor.net/devcorner installed correctly first, including the Coreshaders.

Someone else might know 100%. Good luck.

Attachments

• importGMT2.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 351
  • LStone

I followed the steps on how to place it in Max, and way back when before I got my new machine I had it working....but for some reason now when I run the Maxscript and then hit the down arrow under utilities I don't get the GMT2importer. Any thoughts?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%