Question - how to force 3DSimEd to export GMTs

Kyle Puttifer

@Simberia
OK, this isn't strictly BTB related but it is track related, and as this is the track building community of RD...
Someone has converted London Royal Mile from Shift into rFactor for me. I now have to remove all of the crap. That is to say, all of the high-poly people/crowd. The trouble is, the _output.scn exported by SimEd (I copy the code from this into the track .scn) has the GMTs in a seemingly random order, rather than something sensible like alphabetical order. This means that finding every crowd instance and deleting it is a very long, tedious and boring job. If they were exported in alphabetical order I could just highlight every instance starting with the word "crowd" all in one go, and press delete. Job done. I can't do that, and I am fed up with using Notepad's CTRL+F to locate every crowd instance, when this converted track, at a guess, probably has thousands of individual GMTs.
Is there any way in which I can put these exported instances in alphabetical order?

I had a look round and found something:

Go to Display > Object Filter.
Click on All OFF, then press 'c' to go to objects beginning with c.
Select all of the 'crowd' objects, then OK, so only crowd objects will be visible.

Press Ctrl & a to select all visible objects.
A menu will pop up. Go to Objects > Erase.

Go back to the object filter and select All On.
Export > rFactor > Save Objects.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 320 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing