Question for those using a game-pad controller.

I've been playing on and off more or less since launch, its been on the back burner for a while as I've had other issues come up but now find myself with time to start up again, so I un-installed my retail disc version and instead added my key to steam (saves time on manual patching), got it all installed, updated & patched.

Everything is fine but here is the question for those of you who use a controller, how exactly do you configure your available buttons? No I don't mean literally 'How do you do it." as the interface is clear enough but more what function do you assign to which button?

I remember going through this when the game was new and trying many combinations to find something "comfortable" but this time around since its been a while rather than spend too much time assigning and reassigning layouts to trial I would just strait up ask what others are using predominantly and give others recommended setups a go.

I tend to play both "automatic simple" and "manual" gears depending on what mood I'm in (read as how hungover I am) so given a controllers limited buttons I would be happy with a simple automatic layout.

Currently on this fresh install my rough layout is as follows:

Right Trigger (analogue): Accelerate

Left Trigger (analogue): Brake/Reverse

Right Bumper: Cruise Control

Left Bumper: Window Wipers (I'm Scottish and playing without maximum chance of rain just feels... wrong... so they are there for simple convenience)

Start: Engine Start

Select: Dashboard Information Loop

D-Pad Down: Headlights

D-Pad Up: High-beams

D-Pad Right: Indicate Right

D-Pad Left: Indicate Left

Right Stick (analogue): Look

Left Stick (analogue): Steering

A, B, X, Y: Various brakes, horns and unassigned as by this stage I get confused by what I actually need and what I already set.

Now, that's probably a pretty nonoptimal and messed up configuration but as I say, I'm looking for feedback from others using a game-pad controllers, I cannot and will not try to justify the purchase of a wheel/peddle setup for a single solitary game, much like sticks for any flight based product (despite its desirability... Yes I'm looking at you planetside2).

If I was spending more time on gaming and had a library of driving based sims/games I may well feel differently but I recently was required to purchase a new system so frankly I don't have the cash to squander right now.

So, any suggestions or recommendations for how you setup your game-pad controllers for the best possible functionality would be appreciated, I love keyboard and mouse for literally any other game type, 90/100 I actively dislike pad controllers but in this type of title I feel the pure digital keyboard and mouse is just more of a hindrance to immersion and game-play that can otherwise be obtained from analogue control.

Anyway, I look forward to reading others setups and any info you care to share.

Right Trigger (analogue): Accelerate

Left Trigger (analogue): Brake/Reverse

Right Bumper: Head Lights

Left Bumper: Window Wipers... I'm Irish so ditto on the reasoning!

Start: Cruise Control

Select: View Change

D-Pad Down: Dashboard info

D-Pad Up: High-beams

D-Pad Right: Indicate Right

D-Pad Left: Indicate Left

Right Stick (analogue): Look

Left Stick (analogue): Steering

A: Engine start
B: Parking Break
X: Activate,view jobs etc
Y: Trailer Attach/Detach