Skins Question for anyone who has created a skin for RSS Bayro 6...

I've been trying to learn how to create skins for some of my favorite cars and I started with the RSS Bayro. Been copying paint scheme ideas and using logos and stuff from other Bayro skins to learn how everything works and where it goes so I know the picture below will look copied. This was easier than starting from scratch. Once I get the general idea of how everything works, I will try and make my own unique skin. But that's not my question. I just wanted to make it clear that I was not claiming any part of this car to be my own creation before someone called me out on it.

I could never figure out why my car looked different than others on track and it finally hit me today. I don't have to raised area\vents above the front wheel wells (see the pic below if you are familiar with the car). I wouldn't think that would be a part of the skin file because it's part of the 3d model so I don't know how I could have messed that up doing the skin, but would anyone possibly know why my car doesn't render those vents on track the way other stock and custom skins do? I can post a comparison shot of the car using another skin if it would help to understand what I mean.

Hoping someone has some ideas because I can't figure it out to save my life.

Screenshot_rss_gtm_bayro_6_monza_6-2-120-20-48-15.jpg

There's a readme at rss_gtm_bayro_6\extension\1_readme_parts_lights_instructions.txt that answers your questions. Those differences you see ingame are model replacements done via csp.

P.e, check the \02_sim_power_red_vents skin. Inside it you have an ext_config.ini with 3 model replacements that add those vents for the first 3 LODs respectively. It hides a part of the main model fenders to insert another with those vents, that is contained in a new separate kn5 residing in rss_gtm_bayro_6\extension\vented_wings.kn5).
Other than vents, you also have alternative GTLM or GTD body details instead of default GT3 (with different spec rear wing, and rear trunk/spoiler details) or roof antennas. You can look into the original skins suffixed with _lmgt or _dgt/_gtd to see how their ext_config.inis were set up for those parts.

These modifications won't show in showroom/cm showroom, only ingame (running acs.exe) + csp. For this reason, it can't be seen in previews generated using the usual methods.

Last edited:
Thank you so much. That was driving me nuts. I looked at online pictures of the real life car and some have those vents and some don't so I guess it would have been alright to leave them out if I couldn't figure it out. Nice to know how to do it if I want to.

Thanks again...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back