Misc (question) are there scripts that you can't see by just decompiling the asssembly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
EdgarsLS submitted a new resource:

(question) are there scripts that you can't see by just decompiling the asssembly? - question about modding

I am trying to make a mod *super secret ;)* but I KNOW that one script is called somewhere by some another script. but there aren't no scripts that I can find. I've looked all thought the managed folder but still no. I have a clue that it's in the 'mainData' file, or the level files. but I can't seem to find any decompiler that would support those files and export scripts correctly.
so are there scripts in those files? how can you decompile them? or are they somewhere else? or perhaps it's...

Read more about this resource...

ok Imma spill the secret, I'm trying to make a mod that at least increases the rpm at which the engine blows up, I got to the point that you can kinda drive at 10k rpm limit decently, just by improving the rev limiter and doing some tweaks on the values. it's super cool but it starts to pull soo hard after 9k rpm, like it just wants to blow up.

anyway,
I am pretty sure that I could fix that problem by changing the values in the torque value file which I can't find anywhere.
and when the engine "blows up" there should be 4 scripts ran somewhere, possibly like this:
CalcengineMaxTorque(0, 0);
CalcengineMaxPower(0, 0);
LoadEngineData(*something idk*);
LoadEngineValues(*either true or false idk*);

but I can't find these anywhere, in fact only time they show up as being ran is when loading the game scene and the 'calcenginemax...' those get only set by the "CalcValues" function. and they set the engine power to ""max"" and never anything else, it's being set to 0, both of them when the engine breaks.
so the thing that is run should be those 4 scripts.
but there isn't anything that seems to do that.

also I found out that there are 2 max rpm floats. one is for the limiter and other seems to be for the "blowing up" of the engine, but it could only go up to 9k, which IS the rpm that usually my stock game the engine blew, increasing this anything past 10k doesn't help since it's being destroyed from somewhere else.

Last edited:
ok Imma spill the secret, I'm trying to make a mod that at least increases the rpm at which the engine blows up, I got to the point that you can kinda drive at 10k rpm limit decently, just by improving the rev limiter and doing some tweaks on the values. it's super cool but it starts to pull soo hard after 9k rpm, like it just wants to blow up.

anyway,
I am pretty sure that I could fix that problem by changing the values in the torque value file which I can't find anywhere.
and when the engine "blows up" there should be 4 scripts ran somewhere, possibly like this:
CalcengineMaxTorque(0, 0);
CalcengineMaxPower(0, 0);
LoadEngineData(*something idk*);
LoadEngineValues(*either true or false idk*);

but I can't find these anywhere, in fact only time they show up as being ran is when loading the game scene and the 'calcenginemax...' those get only set by the "CalcValues" function. and they set the engine power to ""max"" and never anything else, it's being set to 0, both of them when the engine breaks.
so the thing that is run should be those 4 scripts.
but there isn't anything that seems to do that.

also I found out that there are 2 max rpm floats. one is for the limiter and other seems to be for the "blowing up" of the engine, but it could only go up to 9k, which IS the rpm that usually my stock game the engine blew, increasing this anything past 10k doesn't help since it's being destroyed from somewhere else.
Simplest way to prevent the engine from blowing up is finding the PlayMaker FsmStates responsible for the blowup and just disable the Actions of that state. This way the blowup logic is not run and the engine works past it's programmed limit. You just need to find the States using for example the DeveloperToolkit mod

yeah I found the actions in the devs toolkit but can't find them in scripts. I'll go look again now that you assure me that they're there :D

meanwhile here's a short demo of what I got, that "pull" above 9k really gets you.

ok but thank's for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back