• 25000+ Members! Dear Guest, click this link to join the community on the official RaceDepartment Discord server

Question about virtual mirrors

Óscar Melero

Foxtochop
May 7, 2014
Any way of turning off real mirrors (mirrors in car) and turning on virtual mirrors (on top of screen)?

In some cars I cannot completely see the mirror in the cockpit view. Would be amazing if I can turn off the real ones and use the virtual ones in the cockpit view, like in iRacing.

Is it possible?

Warren Schembri

500RPM
Premium
Dec 5, 2012
I dont believe that there is a way to have virtual mirrors on and car default mirrors off.

Something that I have never been able to understand why this has not been programmed into the ISI gMotor engine

Óscar Melero

Foxtochop
May 7, 2014
I dont believe that there is a way to have virtual mirrors on and car default mirrors off.

Something that I have never been able to understand why this has not been programmed into the ISI gMotor engine
Sector3 didn't implement this in R3E and I think Kunos didn't too in AC.

Agree this or disagree it, but I think it's basic as hell in a top notch sim.

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff member
Premium
Dec 26, 2006
By pressing the "3" button on your keyboard you can toggle several virtual mirrors on and off.

JoelGL

1000RPM
Oct 16, 2013
It worked thx. But no way of using only virtual mirrors? I mean... turn off reals and turn on virtuals?
Hi, is this the parameter Rearview="1" that turns on rearview? I presume the panel mirror in the image of this Ferrari is the real mirror, so how do I activate the virtual rearview at the top-center? Though @Bram's tip on pressing "3" works on this mirror.

Another example is the CART, I only have the side mirrors and no virtual mirror appearing at the center. How do I make it appear? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

What is your favorite social network?

• Twitter

Votes: 55 31.1%
  • Instagram

Votes: 65 36.7%
  • Facebook

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 43 24.3%