Question about Tyre temp

After about 10laps my tyre temp looks like this --
6h6Dpbf.jpg

Should i change each tyre pressure to make all about the same temp ??Also whats the best temp for a working tyre ??
Thanks for the concern.

Last edited:
Yeah i know what you mean. Its always a game to give up one way & gain other way. I just saying tire temp is not there for nothing or some total useless side effect like how Oemie suggest. That doesnt sound right :coffee:

In AC I would guess the tire temps are very relevant to get optimum grip. But still is is a simulation and it can never be reality, just more or less close to it.

For games like need for speed you would probably lose a bit going to hard after tire temps and possibly gain unrealistic corner speed by exaggerating things like camber, like an exploit.

For the BMW M3 E30 I almost had that feeling, of exploit by exaggerating camber values to the ends. I'm not stating that AC is wrong though, just my feeling of how much faster it makes me, perhaps due to my driving style/being able to cope with different things in the sim. For shorter and twistier tracks it's seconds faster for me, not tenths.

1. Do you need to do lot of laps for that I-O +-9° thing to happen ?? Like 20 or 30 laps ?? Or 3-5 laps is more than enough ??

Just a few corners in a race car, no problem.

2. Do you alter the camber / tyre pressure / toe altogether to achieve this or camber alone is enough ??

If only I knew how to do car setups! I've been trying to learn this for more than two years and my head is going to explode everytime I read some how-to. :D Without proper telemetry data it's hard. Yes, I know what I want and know how to make some tweaks, but every change provokes change elsewhere. Everything is connected with everything. And that is hard. If you don't have telemetry, it's hit or miss.

Springs and dampers can affect temps too.

In AC I would guess the tire temps are very relevant to get optimum grip
This is what Kunos staff member provide about information between different tyre type that available in AC & their optimal working temp - http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/tires-working-range.2307/#post-52267
So yes we dont simply set camber or toe or tire pressure for nothing, we have to find a good setting to gain best temp for each tyre type for them to working properly.
Thats what i am learning right now & i must say its so god danm hard :poop:

"That is, temperature is a side effect. It is not the desired behavior or the reason why you'd adjust a camber or toe setting"

Even with context, that does sound like you will NEVER set the cambers or toe to avoid tire heating, which is definiately not the case, unless you are hotlapping. I see you didn't mention endurance in your post, but you didn't mention that it does apply exclusively to hotlapping either.

I might be at fault for misunderstanding your post, but this is what came first into my mind after reading it.

Maybe I should have inserted the word "typically"...

Of course, if you can't ever get your tire temperatures within a basic operating range (that list on page one shows a range between 10-25 degrees centigrade) because it is cold out or it is midday in the desert, you make adjustments. If you're on a rough track and you notice that though you like your setup, it degrades and overheats the tires, you dial it back.

On a few hotlaps you can go to more extreme settings, because you only need to do a couple of laps. If you need to preserve tires over a long distance, that's what you focus your setup goals on. In F1 2013, all my setups were all about tire preservation, as it made the difference between option-prime-option, or option-prime-prime, on many tracks.

Considering most of us are hotlapping at 14:30 at 26 C with 100% full grip conditions, making specific setups to get to some ideal tire temperature (let alone a specific 5 degree difference between inner-mid-outer tire) as a core goal, rather than handling, carrying higher speed through a corner, greater top speed on a straight, etc, (where you could secondarily make adjustments if that results in excessive tire heating). seems/seemed a dead end to me.

That is, there are reasons, of course, why you'd want to make adjustments to handle tire temperatures - but surely you do that as a secondary step after you dialed in how you'd like the car to feel?

Last edited:
Considering most of us are hotlapping at 14:30 at 26 C with 100% full grip conditions, making specific setups to get to some ideal tire temperature (let alone a specific 5 degree difference between inner-mid-outer tire) as a core goal, rather than handling, carrying higher speed through a corner, greater top speed on a straight, etc, (where you could secondarily make adjustments if that results in excessive tire heating). seems/seemed a dead end to me
Its been confirm the ideal IMO temp can be achieve even in the very 1st lap so i dont see why this is a dead end, further more the better IMO & core temp for a tyre mean better car handling too. I dont think those "carrying higher speed through a corner, greater top speed on a straight" can be achieve if tyre temp is not ideal.

Perhaps it is just my own limited experience. I haven't ran a setup yet that gave me issues with keeping it within advertised optimal operating range, as long as I keep it on track.

I myself a rookie in car setup too but what i understand from all those setup guide is that almost every setting (wing / spring / balance / caster / camber / toe / pressure etc .. ) is to make sure the tyre has the best working condition, mean we are not alter all those wing / spring / balance / caster / camber / toe / pressure for the car to work, we actually alter those setup for the tyre to work.

We dont change spring value for the spring alone to work because spring itself should always work if not we should replace it with a new one already, we actually change spring value for the tyre to work.

I think thats the reason i often heard people in F1 complain they cant find a way for the tyre to work & say something like "oh the tyre is not working for me", i never heard they say "Oh the spring is not working for me" or "we cant find a way to make the wing work" ..

By the way the Z4 E89 that i practicing has very few setup option (only tire & alignment), no anti-roll bar / spring / caster / damper setup option so may be its the reason i cant get that ideal I-O +-5° in this car.

It's rather up to the car behaviour than tire temperature. Of course right behaviour will bring optimum temperatures, but that's not the point. Springs decide how car acts mid turn (under-oversteer), dampers matter in long, quick turns and diffs are there for slow turn entries. But I'll leave to school quick. I'll write up more if needed when I came home.

It's rather up to the car behaviour than tire temperature. Of course right behaviour will bring optimum temperatures, but that's not the point. Springs decide how car acts mid turn (under-oversteer), dampers matter in long, quick turns and diffs are there for slow turn entries. But I'll leave to school quick. I'll write up more if needed when I came home.
Yeah keep them coming, more info is good. The more someone prove me wrong the more i will learn & thats a good thing :D

Last edited:
So I'm back home right now (damn, I was late by 1 min for my bus, cause I wrote that post at morning...). So what I missed was the anti-roll bar option, which affects the whole turnability of the car. Of course on tracks with more velocity and quick turns, you use higher-anti roll bars, and so the same goes for endurances. Lower anti-roll bars suit hotlapping on slow tracks with sharp turns. That's pretty logical. The higher the rear arb, the more oversteer your car brings to the turning and vice-versa.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 178 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 495 39.2%