Question about Tyre temp

After about 10laps my tyre temp looks like this --
6h6Dpbf.jpg

Should i change each tyre pressure to make all about the same temp ??Also whats the best temp for a working tyre ??
Thanks for the concern.

Last edited:
There is thread about tyre temperatures on the official forum and some posts by Aristotelis:
Mitja Bonca said:
Thats why is so strange to me here in AC why with a camber -3 or more, there is only 2-3 deg C of difference.

Aristotelis said:
You're talking surface temperatures, we're getting core temperatures.

The core is the inside of the tyre structure. Have you seen on slick race tyres that they have little holes through the surface? Those are there to permit a temperature sensor to penetrate deep in the tyre structure and get as better readings from the core as possible.

The surface temperature is ok if you can't measure anything else, but for a better understanding of how the tyre structure works, the core is what you have to measure.

P.S. Python app - Tyre Temperatures and more, last version - v1.2.5

Last edited:
This is what i found in nk-Pro guide about tyre temp .. is there anyone especially Kunos people can confirm if this theory also apply to AC ?? Also normally how many laps need to get the tyre to reach optimal temp ?? Thanks first :coffee:

# The tires are the only element that connects the car to the ground and therefore their
optimisation is crucial for peak performance. The tires are affected by many factors such as
stiffness of the spring/dampers, anti-roll bars, camber angle, caster angle, toe, downforce
and tire pressure. Generally the more rigid the structure is (springs / shocks / anti-roll
bars) the harder the tires will work, and heat up, because will be forced to do "extra work".
We can say that if you have a fairly uniform temperature between the outside, center and
inside, the tire is working properly; usually the tires offer better grip with temperature
differences between the inside and outside of 5 ° / 10
° #

Lazybug: i enjoy your eagerness to learn and learn, but really, if hou want to get faster, you should just drive more instead of posting here on the forum.

If your tires are a bit too hot or cold, you won't really notice it if you're not consistent enough. Fiddling with camber etc for tire temp purposes is only needed for the ultimate last tenths. Only if you can drive lap after lap within 0,3 seconds, this kind of stuff becomes usefull! :).

Lazybug: i enjoy your eagerness to learn and learn, but really, if hou want to get faster, you should just drive more instead of posting here on the forum.

If your tires are a bit too hot or cold, you won't really notice it if you're not consistent enough. Fiddling with camber etc for tire temp purposes is only needed for the ultimate last tenths. Only if you can drive lap after lap within 0,3 seconds, this kind of stuff becomes usefull! :).
In this case i think i should tell that I already in my limit with default setup after more than 100laps of 2 combos that i attempting before i ask this & i am within 0.5s every lap which rank me 8th & 14th in RSR Live timing atm.
So I dont think i should keep on to drive for another 100 laps with 4 tyre's temp always even like 80/80/80 or 70/70/70, i wanna make sure i not wasting any more time on some may be very wrong tyre pressure / camber / toe setting.
So i prefer someone tell me what i need to know - a simple YES or NO.
Thank you.

I think you guys didnt get what i asking, what i want to know is about this "tires offer better grip with temperature differences between the inside and outside = 5 ° / 10 °"
A correct camber setting will make this happen (differences between inside and outside = 5 ° / 10 °) but no matter what camber i set in this AC my tyre temp just even like 80/80/80 or 70/70/70 no matter how many laps i go or cornering or not, a nice optimal tyre temp which offer better grip should be something like 85/90/95 so what i asking is whether this tyre physic is in the game or not.
One guy in AC forum response to my thread & talk about the same thing that he didnt found a way to achieve that inside vs outside = 5° / 10° as well, he cant help me on this but at least he know what i actually asking :whistling:

You should be a politician.

We can say that if you have a fairly uniform temperature between the outside, center and inside, the tire is working properly

As mentioned earlier, you're checking tyre temperatures in pits. If you check them while they're doing something, you'd likely see your much desired, one second per lap worth, temperature differences.

As mentioned earlier, you're checking tyre temperatures in pits. If you check them while they're doing something, you'd likely see your much desired, one second per lap worth, temperature differences.
I already did that. I do what Marian Zelenka suggest enable dev apps in ini file & use "suspensions" that shows IMO temps to check those tyre temp while i making corner. The result is that i still get the even tyre temp after 20 laps in just every corner. An optimal working tyre temp should be something like 85/90/95 where mine is still all 80/80/80 or 75/757/75 no matter what tyre pressure or camber i use ... thats why i come back here and ask again.
There are at least 2 people tell me that check the tyre temp in the pits will get me no where & i do pay attention to that.
I not smart but not that stupid either to come back ask this or that again without doing any further experiment.
But nvm forget about it, thanks for your time.

I think there was a post on these forums i read the other day that broke down tire types and the temp ranges for them?

Pit temps are garbage, unless you pit immediately and take the temp the second you start to slow the car the tires start to cool.

Since courses tend to be oval, one side of tires should get more work and more heat and more wear, generally right side for most tracks.

The mini apps bar has a tire indicator with condition and temp btw.

As long as your getting your tires from the stock its around 40 to 50 up to 70 80 you should be ok, I do not think you really need to stress the temps the way you are doing unless like some said, you lap times are so fast and so consistent that you need a tenth or two shaved off for a fast lap.

Watch a F1 lapping session how drivers heat up tires, jukeing the car around track to scuff the tires up, accelerating quickly into turns and heavy breaking, all things you can do on your flying laps to heat your tires for as sticky a run as you can muster on the next go around.

Drive the car learn how it handles, learn how the track feels, and go from there, stop sweating the details so much :p. Here is what i do, pick a car and track, pick tires maybe drop the psi a lb or two and go, good bad or indiff i drive the car pretty much as is and learn to drive that.

I might not ever set the absolute fastest lap because i am not setting up my toe in and cambers properly for the track, so i am not getting the absolute custom grip i could be getting on the track, but every time i take that stock car and shave a few tents off my previous best time and get that bit higher up on the leader boards its always a good feeling.

Just drive.

I found it quite funny that i getting very complicated answer (which i already know) to my simple question. Ok let me put it this way, Forza / Race 07 / nK-pro setup guide say that tyre inner part temp should be at least 5° hotter than outer and the middle temp should be equal to "inner + outer / 2" for optimal tyre performance & all this temp can be done by adjust camber & tyre pressure correctly.

And since no matter what camber & tyre pressure i set i still get somewhat even IMO temp so i am asking if this tyre temp physic is already implement in the current v0.4 or not .. thats it.
A simple YES or NO is more than enough if anyone can really confirm that.

And dont tell me correct setup will only gain me another one or two tenth improve of lap time, at least these setup guide tell me the very opposite like what Race 07 setup guide by R. van Rijn say "good tire pressure/temperature means a lot better lap time. I am talking about 1-2 seconds in your lap times" & i already see at least 3 persons gain another 1 to 2 seconds faster playing AC by using other people's modified setup instead of the default one.
I not saying i currently 1 second slower than the top guy is 100% cause by the setup but no matter what i have to learn & get to know as much as possible about this setup thing sooner or later since it is in the game to be more competitive in the hotlap ranking or in the MP.

But then like i say just forget about it, lets see if AC will come out its very own official setup guide after v1.0 so i dont need to bother anyone here anymore.

Maybe the problem is you don't push the car as hard as you should?
I dont think its the reason. I not saying a 8th & 14th rank & both just 1 seconds slower than the fastest one (2 car vs track combos) in RSR Live timing are some impressive thing but i dont think i can get to that rank if i actually drive very safe. I already brake as late & accelerate as early as possible to push the car, push further i will end up run wide & off track.

Of course i can show you my hotlap video if you like, may be you can tell me if there somewhere i can push even further or may be some better racing line .. i actually even happier if i can lap faster without touching the setup, i always only like to drive, thats one of the reason i also play arcade racing, simple & easy.

... R. van Rijn say "good tire pressure/temperature means a lot better lap time. I am talking about 1-2 seconds in your lap times"

That's a pretty generic statement, though, and I think nobody really disagrees with that. I drop a couple of psi from the tires on a curvy track, and it definitely helps. Doing a lap when your tires are warm will be faster than when they're cold.

But I doubt that - based on tire temp difference between inner-mid-outer alone - different camber and toe settings only to generate a certain temp differential (rather than more corner grip or long straight tire contact, etc.) is going to give you a second. I would imagine with certain settings that get you the tire temps that you want you'd actually create a more inefficient contact patch, because it is angled in some way, or it is smaller, leading to reduced traction, and thus likely a slower time.

I may well be wrong, but this "setup to get 5 degree differential in tire temps between inner-mid-outer", rather than improve overall handling matching your driving style, seems a bit of a rabbit hole/dead end to me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back