Question About Thrustmaster 488 Ferrari Challenge Rim With TS-WX base And Advanced mode (Not TS-PC)

So I'm aware this wheel rim is only available officially if you buy the TS-PC Racer that comes with it. However, I acquired the rim online from someone who happened to be selling just that so I figured I'd pick it up for cheapo and use it on my TS-WX since they are basically the same base.

I noticed online that people with the TGT have no issues using it in it's full capacity with the advanced mode button mapping and LED lights, but for me in the USB controller settings the Advanced mode bubble is greyed out as if it's not supported. Is this just how it is or am I missing something here? Why would it work on a TGT but not a TS-WX Racer which is almost exactly the same as the TS-PC.

Thanks
ts-wx settings.jpg

Last edited:
Tested and 100% sure for what I'm saying .
The 488 Alcantata Rim works in advanced mode only in :
T300
TSPC
T-GT

In TX & TSXW only on normal mode unfortunately..
Tested and 100% sure for what I'm saying .
The 488 Alcantata Rim works in advanced mode only in :
T300
TSPC
T-GT

In TX & TSXW only on normal mode unfortunately..

So if i have the 488 Rim only and a T300 base leds and advance mode will work ?? thanks for the clarification

Upvote 0
So I'm aware this wheel rim is only available officially if you buy the TS-PC Racer that comes with it. However, I acquired the rim online from someone who happened to be selling just that so I figured I'd pick it up for cheapo and use it on my TS-WX since they are basically the same base.

I noticed online that people with the TGT have no issues using it in it's full capacity with the advanced mode button mapping and LED lights, but for me in the USB controller settings the Advanced mode bubble is greyed out as if it's not supported. Is this just how it is or am I missing something here? Why would it work on a TGT but not a TS-WX Racer which is almost exactly the same as the TS-PC.

ThanksView attachment 434258
I have been looking for one of these rims for my TS-PC Racer but can i hell find one lol. so i bought the 599XX rim instead looks about the same but with no led rev lights but still would like the 458 challenge rim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have also been looking for the challenge rim as i have the TS-PC Racer and bought the 599XX rim too (well i have 2 but thats another story lol). The challenge rims are like rocking horse s**t.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%